Some real USAAF heavy weight vehicles!!

P Marriott

And here are two pics put up before on this thread by Joris (Army - Red Ball view) and Les (Air Corps view) - no ladders......

I think the BOB shot might be of a modern tanker?? Front tank shape not quite correct?

Nice tanker in the junkyard Bill :tup:: Go for it!

Fuel1.jpg

Fuel2.jpg

The other day I followed what turned out to be one of the new Oshkosh tractors with a fuel tanker heading for the MOD fuel station . Made me think what an interesting comparison it makes with NOS's trailer . Managed to take a couple of photo's but my card reader is sulking at the moment & I can't load them. Soon as I can I'll post them up .

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Slow but sure, No.1 - slow but sure.....

I've been concentrating on the Autocar just recently, but had time to get the tank partly ready for lifting. Walkway, ladder and pipe lockers removed, also roof cut off pump compartment - next job is removing some pipework to free tank. I'm trying to get ahead a little before writing it up (if anyone is interested).

You can now see the engine - a 4cyl air cooled, but absolutely no idea what make as yet, only just become accessible!!

Don't Walk!.jpg

Tank Top.jpg

Bare Tank.jpg

Pumproom.jpg

• 1 month later...