Some real USAAF heavy weight vehicles!!

P Marriott

• 2 weeks later...

It's only taken me 14 years to make my mind up on this, during which time the metal oxidation process has not let up, but -

:shake:

as the Autocar will need something to stop the rear end bouncing, I suffered a moment of olive drab insanity and -

:shake::shake:

it looks better in the pics than it is -

:shake::shake::shake:

but not impossible. At least it is pretty much complete. Personally I blame Jack. Help!

:shake::shake::shake::shake:

Autocar Tanker.jpg

DSC02648.JPG

DSC02655.JPG

DSC02658.JPG

DSC02673.JPG

Steve, 100BG it is! I've been trying to find out which (if any) other bases used the Autocar with these trailers.

Back in April 07 a guest, Matt, posted that he had a set of manuals for the F1 trailer. A copy of these would help greatly with the restoration. Does anyone have a contact for Matt?

Estimate to fill her up is currently £21,000 :shocked:

Back in April 07 a guest, Matt, posted that he had a set of manuals for the F1 trailer. A copy of these would help greatly with the restoration. Does anyone have a contact for Matt?

:shocked:

I know just the gentleman - but it is going to cost you Tony!!!:readpaper:

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)

That invatation to come up and stay mate,dont wish to be rude but we will give it a miss,

I dont wont to catch whatever it is you have got

Your barmy.:rofl:

There's everyone elses fuel problem solved on those long road trips away from fuel stations , I wonder just how many miles you could drive the rig if you connected a fuel feed from the trailer to the tractor ?

Is the tank divided with several chambers so you could do two fuels , diesel and unleaded ?

Just kidding you got a great project there I ve never seen one of those at any event , so many of those WWII refueling scenes you could recreate !!