HMVF & Plain Military Tour.

Jack

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is always the better way !!!!

The Essex contingent will probably be travelling in convoy anyway (as always).

In fact if there are those who will be travelling down on the Sat am who wish to tag along we should make a meet up somewhere to enable a larger convoy to proceed.

You know what they say ............. safety in numbers ...............not only that but can act as a back up in case of breakdowns.

Was hoping you'd say that John! :-) :-)

Mind you the original caveat still applies re. a vehicle being useable!!

There is always the better way !!!!

The Essex contingent will probably be travelling in convoy anyway (as always).

In fact if there are those who will be travelling down on the Sat am who wish to tag along we should make a meet up somewhere to enable a larger convoy to proceed.

You know what they say ............. safety in numbers ...............not only that but can act as a back up in case of breakdowns.

John what route/road are you using?

Errrr - might be something to do with the Plod not being too happy about drivers careering down A roads and motorways with maps obscuring the windscreen....

Well be a man !! and fold the windscreen down then ! :-D :-D :-D

Ashley

Ill have to see if i can book the time off, As i work every other weekend and thats on my shift.

But if i can i shall be hitching a ride with people, As the Pig is not ready to Roll as yet..

Will be nice to see you all again, like a big unusual famiily

Remember, packets of five to eight vehicles with a fitter at the back of each packet. Lead and tail vehicle of each packet displaying green and blue flags (or is it blue and green? I forget, but it's been discussed, I think on the accessories forum).

Commanders always to maintain eyball (Mark 1) contact with the vehicle behind. (Faster vehicles can always slow down, but if a vehicle runs into trouble, it isn't going to speed up is it?)

What is it? Ten minute intervals? Packet commanders to remain in communication with other packet commanders. That would be by mobile phone these days I guess.

Remember, packets of five to eight vehicles with a fitter at the back of each packet. Lead and tail vehicle of each packet displaying green and blue flags (or is it blue and green? I forget, but it's been discussed, I think on the accessories forum).

Commanders always to maintain eyball (Mark 1) contact with the vehicle behind. (Faster vehicles can always slow down, but if a vehicle runs into trouble, it isn't going to speed up is it?)

What is it? Ten minute intervals? Packet commanders to remain in communication with other packet commanders. That would be by mobile phone these days I guess.

Great tip!

Hi Jack

Just waiting for Tony to get back to us with the address for the Busted Inn and we will confirm if A3 or M3 will be used.

If anyone who will be travelling using the route wishes to meet up in order to convoy we would be glad to have you along.

In response to Aliens post re- convoy protocol. we do have possession of two sets of convoy flags (no poles mind you, but hey!! whats that matter :evil:) so will be able to put together two "packets" at least.

In regards to communication between packets, dont forget we wil have to use "hands free" due to legal requirements.

If Neil's landy is ready we will be taking 4 vehicles, which will mean that a further 12 vehicles can join up with us with equipment to hand. If anyone else has the neccessary flags then the more the merrier (and it looks pretty damn good with that many vehicles moving as a unit. Great photo opportunity there Snapper ;-) )

Would be good to have a wrecker / recovery vehicle coming along with us ( Got your ears on Tootall Mike) but I am sure that with that many vehicles together anyone who might suffer the misfortune of breaking down / conking out will have a ready tow / assistance on hand.

Looks like it's going to be a great trip, look forward to seeing everyone there.

Hi everybody i would really love to go on this trip but would unfortunately need a lift i have just looked up getting down to salisbury by train and that would cost me £40 and would much rather give it to one of you for petrol i live in Potters Bar Herts but am more than wiling to travel to kent/essex area please let me know if anyone might be able to help thanks very much.

Kyle

:banghead: :argh: :argh: I am soooooooo Pi**ed that I am going to miss this. :banghead: :argh:

HF is charged with taking photos - but I know he will be so busy chatting......

SO Don't forget guys - lots of photos please

A very Pi**ed off about not going but looking forward to my trip to Pergamon & Istanbul Mrs HardyPigginLandyFerret. :cry:

Cheers Tony.

Can you PM it to me please............

And could we have another quick head count of who is going so we have a definitive list so I can PM everyone as I know from the old list that some can't make it but some others can..

So

Jack - GMC

Would be good to have a wrecker / recovery vehicle coming along with us ( Got your ears on Tootall Mike) but I am sure that with that many vehicles together anyone who might suffer the misfortune of breaking down / conking out will have a ready tow / assistance on hand.

Oh Mate - I'd love to be there and I can't believe I'm gonna miss it but I can't find a replacement to take my place on the Brighton Run :-(. I'll have to come on next year's jolly if this get's repeated. Please announce next year's date asap so I don't book it up!

On the bright-er side I'm free on the Saturday and the Monday and I'm 10 mins inland from the south end of the M25 so if anyone does need ANY assistance you can give me a call. The truck will be outside in preparation for Sunday morning and I'd be happy to come and give any help I can. If someone from your group would like to PM me I'd be happy to give you my mobile number 'just in case', although obviously I'd hope it won't be necessary :-).

- Mike