HMVF & Plain Military Tour.

Jack

Jack - Dorset - GMC

Ian- Essex - Bedford RL or Landie

Chris - Nottingham - CVR(W) Fox or Ferret Mk 1 & LR Series 3 Lightweight

Lee- Essex- CVR(W) Fox or Ferret Mk 1 or Land Rover 109FFR

John - Essex - 101 FC Ambulance

Andy - Sussex - Bedford MW

Karl - Sussex - Landrover DPV (depending can book time off of work)

Rowan - Wiltshire - Dodge wc51

Rob - Nearly Essex - 127 Rapier

rambo- London/Essex -110 landy

rambo 2- London/Essex - champ

rambo 3- London/Essex - lightwieght

rambo 4- London/Essex -1970's jeep

Private P Connor - Brighton -Humber Pig Fv1612 Mk1 Flying

Chris - Sussex- Austin Champ

Andy - Derby - Ferret.

Clive Elliott - Salisbury - Pig FV1609 or Wolf + Cipher Trailer

David Ives - Eastbourne - Landrover

Jerry - Dorset - Ferret or Pig

Ashley - Dorset - Jeep

jerkey - landrover - mt - herts

Neil - Stalwart or Landrover 109 FFR (depending on date as it's not on the road yet)

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was talking to Chris about this just the other day, to be frank with you will have more a chance of finding rocking horse droppings. The MOD and the Wild life trust have sealed the Impact zone up tighter than a duck rear. The thing is Bovington has salvage rights to anything of interest on the ranges and even they have to go throught the Wild life trust, RSPB and MOD to get out there. Would you bring it if I came over and pushed all the way to the ranges :rofl:

Tony

OO Not fussy then. As long as he dont go chasing the sqaddies around the ranges. Its a shame your not down on the 10th of feb to the 21st. We are having one of the biggest excersises ever held on the ranges. 6000+ troops 1MECH DIV, 1 & 2 RTR, Prince Harrys lot and loads of Helis and fast jets. Should be a good one. :drool:

Im new round these part and I must say I am starting to notice a common tread going on here involving Jacks sexual tendenses. Whats he like when it comes to Wild life, will they be safe. It wont worry the sheep they are used to it, its a loanlly place on the ranges at night. Well thats what iv been told anyways :rofl: Can we have a smiley sheep by some chance? just for use moon rakers.

Tony

Sorry what is Jack or the excersise. The exc is all over the tele down here and in the local rags. Thats how we find out about most of the going ons around here. They have to print it due to the amount of military vehicles useing the local roads. Lugdershall looks more like down town Bagdad during big EXCS. We had Warriors driver training through the village last week. 8 of the sods running up and down the road day and night for the whole week. It can become abit of a strain when you are trying to watch Life on mars with that going on out side. But hay ho they have to train some where.

Tony

HHHHMMM Lugershall,

just down the road from my old school, nearly got into trouble there one lunch time as i borrowed my mates new scooter to pop to the shops pity he never told me he had "borrowed " it from his neighbour in Perham Down the night before with out permission :police:

I can remember getting a job at what was C.V.D there one week until they discovered that i had got my age wrong on the application form :dunno: and was still at school :-(

luckily i have grown a beard as disguise so hopefully i Will not be recognised by the local vigilantes.

Ashley

Hi Ash

What school would that be Castle down? Sounds like a Blake story but then again there were alot of scallies back then. Most of them have moved away so don't worry about anything going on walk about when you all come down. The CVD has now closed and everything has moved up north. 28 REME are now in one part of the sheds. The rest is sitting empty. The old courage depot was our main hit many a night till they got a great big dog and a man with a stick.

Tony

Hi Tony,

in my day 1973-1974 the school was almost opposite the C.V.D. and was known as Tidworth secondary Modern, what a dump ! but after 3 years in a military boarding school in Germany the amount of freedom was unbelievable and took a lot of adjusting too.

So the favorite haunts was the Ram P.H. or a battle with the squaddies in the Drummer(?) next to the Tidworth Bowl.

I can also vaguely remember living in Burphore (sp) terrace in 1962-1964 which i believe has been demolished now for a new army base.

I can still remember the Garrisons most guarded asset, a full size wooden horse in a wire cage that was apparently used originally for training horseman skills for cavalry troops, caught playing on it and your father was up in front of the C.O. believe me i know (so did my father) :whistle: :whistle:

Ashley

Sorry your not coming Andy maybe next time.

Chaps I do have some bad news. Imber will not be open on the visit dates. Im very sorry but it is totaly out of my hands. We are making great progress with the camp site and toilets. I should be able to let you know more Wednesday or Thursday of this week.

I did get a chance to speak to range security yesterday and the Impact zone will be open but this can change at a drop of a hat so please bear with me on this one.

All the lads and myself at Plain Military would like to thank everyone thay is making the trip down for this visit and we hope you enjoy your stay. We have started work on the roots we will be taken. We are trying to crame as much as possible into the two days. Hope to see you all soon.

Tony

What are you taking to Brighton TootallMike????

I am not sure I can make the May weekend chaps. I am in Belgium the week after and then Kelvedon and then I have some work and then lots more to do for CMV etc before we get to Bolero. I haven't missed Brighton since 1987 and it is easier for me to book that day than a whole weekend.

Still working things out.

MB