HMVF & Plain Military Tour.

Jack

No private message for me, am I still invited? :oops:

and Neil... Andy knows all about fuel economy. Not many people have taken a Saladin and Saracen from Derby to Dorset as many times as he has!

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course you are still invited everyone is invited. Are you bringing the Fox as well as the Ferret?

Can you give me a few days to see weather we can sort something out this end about the fuel. I can't garantee anything but you never know. May have to sell my body. O well thats £5 towords the fuel costs.

and Neil... Andy knows all about fuel economy. Not many people have taken a Saladin and Saracen from Derby to Dorset as many times as he has!

Hi Chris.

PM sent - sorry about that :computerterror: hate pooters!

Jack,

Thanks - got it now!

Tony,

I was planning on bringing the Ferret and my Lightweight. I thought about bringing the Fox but I was going to take that to Kemble and Beltring instead, and the Ferret will be more fun off road! (Don't want to go rolling the Fox!) Plus 168 miles is a long way for the Fox, furthest it's been so far is about 60 miles away. The Ferret is used to doing 200 mile trips, The Bustard Inn is 170 miles away from home!

Chris

I know mate - I'm just a bit upset I can't afford to take her down, going to be odd being at an MV meet without that odd looking shape in the background :-( :-(

I will give all the Postcode and a mobil number. I have an old phone kicking around here. I will get it toped up and then post the number. At the end of the visit it will only be put back in the draw. If you can PM me i will pass the Postcode on that way.

Hi Guys

The question about arrivals has been brought up and to be quite monist with you I think the best thing is come on the Saturday morning. If everyone is in and tented up we could go for a short trot out later. Tony

Hi Jack,

PM us your trave detail if finalised yet, we could be using the same route.

Ashley

Hi Jack,

Ashley

Hi Ash - good idea!

I will work out how long it will take to get there and we will work out a place to meet :-D

Gents - just thinking out loud here - but I think that as we will all be together with a whole host of different MV's.......when it be an idea to have an hour or two driving each others vehicles - or would insurance be an issue??

Anyone is welcome to drive my GMC :-D

Gents - just thinking out loud here - but I think that as we will all be together with a whole host of different MV's.......when it be an idea to have an hour or two driving each others vehicles - or would insurance be an issue??

Anyone is welcome to drive my GMC :-D

Any old excuse to get in a PW MV :whistle:

Hi Jack,

Ashley

Ash - just worked out that it is 37.7 miles from my place so travelling at around an average of 25 MPH it will take me about an hour and half.....does that work for you, I will be going through Blandford about 08:00 Saturday morning?!

Sorry folks - we have an MOT failure today with both the O/S brakes shot so I guess I won't be making the trip after all. Everything else was OK - albeit Stuart believes the knocking noise is the big ends so he wouldn't have recommended the run on those either.

Needless to say I'm absolutely gutted - big time - over this as I'd been looking forwards to the trip!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Jack - cheque for the shirt is in the post to you - can you either hang on to it for me and hand over at W&P or give to one of the Essex lads , John, Ian etc. for them to pass on next time they are down the Fort?? Cheers mate!!

Hi there everbody i know i have asked before but now i'm begging for a lift to the plains weekend as i would love to come but dont have a vehicle to get down there so if any one is interessted in offering me a lift i am willing to travel and pay some money for fuel i'm based in north london/ hertfordshire as i have said can meet you somewhere will look forward to hearing from you all the best.

kyle

Im starting to get nervous :shake: I just hope you guy enjoy yourselves when you get here. We are going to give the camp site one more cut and then sort out some grubb for the weekend. The land lord is gearing him self up as is the locals. Lets all pray for NO rain on the weekend but maybe a bit Thursday or Friday just to keep the dust down. See you all very soon.

Tony