HMVF & Plain Military Tour.

Jack

Ian, you bringing you motorbike?.

Hi Richard, Dont think i will be bringing it on this trip but if you fancy a go it will be at war & peace this year so do come and find me.

Jack - GMC - Dorset.

david ives - 109rmp - eastbourne

Dave - L/rover110 + 432 or 434 -

Ashley - Jeep -

Ian - Landrover - Essex

Neil - Landrover - Essex - subject to getting it back on the road legally in time!!!

Chrisg- Austin Champ - Brighton

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Richard, Dont think i will be bringing it on this trip but if you fancy a go it will be at war & peace this year so do come and find me.

I'm all excited now!

Jack - GMC - Dorset.

Ashley - Jeep -

Ian - Landrover - Essex

Neil - Landrover - Essex - subject to getting it back on the road legally in time!!!

Rambo, 110, champ, jeep.

Hi chaps

Got some good news the MOD are happy with the visit, just waiting on the camp site. I have also been informed that there will be at least 3 REGTs training on the same weekend as we are out. I do know that 1000 Coldstream guards will be up on the ranges so it looks as if we might get to see some modern stuff. I have done a bit of digging around and from what I can see the are infantry and use Warrior IFV, FV432, and much more. If anyone knows any more about this REGT please tell.

Hi chaps

Got some good news the MOD are happy with the visit, just waiting on the camp site. I have also been informed that there will be at least 3 REGTs training on the same weekend as we are out. I do know that 1000 Coldstream guards will be up on the ranges so it looks as if we might get to see some modern stuff. I have done a bit of digging around and from what I can see the are infantry and use Warrior IFV, FV432, and much more. If anyone knows any more about this REGT please tell.

Just gets better Tony - I am working hard on 'doing up' my Jimmy for the weekend - this is the target date for completion!.

Jack - GMC - Dorset.

Ashley - Jeep -

Ian - Landrover - Essex

Rambo, 110, champ, jeep.

Rowan - dodge wc51 - wiltshire

wow guys this looks like its going to be a fantastic event! really looking foward to meeting u all. And well done tony and friends for setting this whole thing up!! cant wait :-D

So whos buying the beer???

Well the bad news is, Its right next to a public house, the landlord is an ex major and he is going to keep the bar open till the last man falls. The land lady has said that weather permiting she will light the BBQ Saterday night. He also said before we set of on the range run we can all have egg butties. We can park in the car park and tent up right next door. There is enough room for use all and more if need be. What is the bad news I hear you say, Well as a non drinker and a non egg eater this is crappy for me but might suit you all :rofl: :rofl:

Well the bad news is, Its right next to a public house, the landlord is an ex major and he is going to keep the bar open till the last man falls. The land lady has said that weather permiting she will light the BBQ Saterday night. He also said before we set of on the range run we can all have egg butties. We can park in the car park and tent up right next door. There is enough room for use all and more if need be. What is the bad news I hear you say, Well as a non drinker and a non egg eater this is crappy for me but might suit you all :rofl: :rofl:

Tone - this just gets better and better!

Do you have a Knighthood yet??? :-D

Oh no :eek2: camping next to a pub on a weekend when the wife wants to come :shake: :shake: i had better make sure she has enough money for only one person........ME :-D

Joking aside looks like a great weekend forming up (A+2)thanks too all who are making it possible :tup: :tup: :tup: (now can you tell us the location??)

Ashley

Stop that Jack you are making me blush :redfaced:.

This is one of my biggest ambitions to arrange a visit and it is all falling together thanks to you and your friends. The landlord is well up for it. We also did a dry run across the Impact zone today to cheak the condition of the tracks and they seem in good condition, no shell holes anywhere. We zeroed the milage and it is about 7 to 8 mile round trip with wreck visible both sides of the track. You will need to bring some bins to get a better look at the middle targets.

I would think that during the whole day we will be covering at least 20 to 30 MLS but we can sit down and thrash that out when you get here.

There is still a chance we will get Carter barracks but im not to worryed if we dont. OYE the landlady also said that if we chose to stay there they will run a power cable out to us so we can have some power this is for me to have a cuppa as I dont drink alcohol :whistle:

This is going to be a corker of a weekend and lets hope the rain stays away. The coldstream guardes are going to be in West down for that weekend so we can drive down and have a look throught the fence, you never know we may even get invited in for a close look :banana: Lets get as many together for this and have some fun.

That does help Ash if I told everyone. The new location will be at the Bustard inn just out side Larkhill. If Carter falls through. This place is a lot easyer to find as well. Come of the 303 at Countess, follow the road to the Larkhill rounda bout, first exit of and follow the signs to the Bustared. I will be sorting this out some time this week and posting a map on here for you all to down load and print.

This is bad news,I'll only be able to drink with a doctors note and permission from Her Indoors.I think you'd better make sure of that extension lead Tony and I'll have to keep taking the pills.

Still sounds like a cracking weekend though.

DaveP

well this is getting better and better campsite next to a pub! well jack all i can say is u better take ur wallet :beer: :banme:

so whats everyone having? drinks are on jack!! :schocked: :-D

Hell......don't I get any fringe benefits for this place :evil: :evil:

Picking up on something Mark said about this not being a public event so it best not be discussed on an public forum......

This is a good point and what I will do is make a board on here that can only be seen by those of us who have added their name to the list. The board will be for those of us attending to be able to see the time and the place etc etc or any other information that needs to be seen by those who are going.

Jack.

:whistle: