HMVF & Plain Military Tour.

Jack

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 434 is nearly ready to go :whistle:starter motor's decided it should only work part time,it should last the trip :redfaced:half my kit not loaded :roll:situation quite normal really.

Why is it ,had loads of time to prepare and still last minute struggle,is it just me who'll be working late Friday night? :yawn2:

Is there a run on Saturday,if so I'll be looking for a little help to unload :help:as my helpers won,t be arriving until Sat eve.Plenty of room up top for a ride after though. :tup:

Cheers

Dave P

as i will be taking my car as cant get axel done in time :oops: and hopefully member its me as well :-D we should be there quite early so i can camo up the car to hide it amongst the mv's :whistle: so i will be able to help unload if you need it

I still reakon they are using the Stalwart to put all that horse poo in :evil:

You could be right Lee - 200 horses & 1 camel + a couple of Stalwarts doing their thing with the exhaust backfiring etc should = a LOT of horse (and human) poo!!!

But fear not - we shall pack enough shovels so you won't feel left out!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

HardyFerret should be joining us in his ferret..........but first he has to jump out of a plane on Saturday morning :roll: (we all do that on Saturdays, don't we?) and he should then be joining us somewhen Saturday pm :-D

GMC - not packed but is ready to go :-D I am now busy doing a sun dance :whistle:

Tony/Jack

Could you just pencil outline the format please? I was hoping to come Sat am, but a window of opportunity has arisen for some help with welding in the morning at least. In addition there are some domestic influences. So is much planned for sat?

I don't know whether to end up arriving late sat pm with cipher trailer & spend a cold night on the plain. Or enjoy creature comforts here & pop down in Wolf on Sunday. So if it is Sunday when do we meet & where are we going? Are there any particular routes planned or is it a general bimble about?

Ok - looks like sundance worked this morning :-D

I need to mess about with my winch tomorrow as it has unwound itself so need something heavy to put the hook onto so can winch myself in and tidy trhe winch up :-D

The plan of attack is, as this weekend is for you guys you decide what you would like to do. If everyone is in and tented up with enough time left then we could go for a trott out Saturday. If you prefur to go in the pub and have a swift half then let it be. If we do go for a drive we will keep to the west side, it will be easyer for any late arrivals finding us. Sunday could be a early start but we can talk about that when you all get here. The main drive will be Sunday but I have been informed there is a chance of a passing shower so dont for get your coats. It can get very cold on the ranges at night so again please bring your coat.

I think we have enough headache tabblets to keep us going for the week end but do bring some insect repelent as I found out to my cost Wednesday night. Two horse fly bites on the same arm hurts. I have just got in from the docs who has put me on antibiotics all weekend, so if I wanted to drink that is totaly out the question now. Like I say this weekend is for you guy and you chose what you would like to do.

PS anyone for mud wrestling if it rains :rofl:

see you all soon

Tony

I an SO,SO MAD, I'm missing this do; :cry: :cry:

Enjoy yourselves, one and all;......................and don't forget to post the pic's. (s'alright guys,...........DON't want to see any of you mud wrestling,........not ready for that................. :schocked:)

All the best,

Andy.

We're leaving here about 9ish. It's a good 200 miles or so at Ferret speeds, so don't expect us there untill after lunch. I hope there's a cheap petrol station somewhere nearby!! :|

Chris

I an SO,SO MAD, I'm missing this do; :cry: :cry:

And rightly so Andy :whistle:

Not to panic as we are looking at it as a recce......not saying that this could become an HMVF yearly event :whistle: ......where else would you get this amount of access to Salibury Plain :dunno: :-D

Tony for PM!

well ,

the caravan is packed, the jeep was started last week some time??

The wife has her Bacardi (so shes packed :beer:) hope to leave earlyish should be there befor 10 AM :dunno:

Ashley

hi there everyone iam really peed of as the boss has said either go to the show and dont come back or come to work 2moz and keep your job so dave as i said in the pm iam really gratefull for the offer but cant take you up on it im affraid hopefully next time hay and dont forget we want a full length report arfter it and plenty of pictures as said have a good time.

Rather up set kyle