HMVF & Plain Military Tour.

Jack

I do have lots more dirty habbits :whistle: Please feel free to come to my tent at midnight and I will show you. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Now getting worried about camping at salisbury just in case Tony starts wandering around at night :shake:

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well ive got a set of cuffs that can be loaned if anyone sleepwalks :evil:

not promosing the keys thougth :whistle:

otherwise a 6mm ball bearing works well from sa80 replica

looking forward to the weekend

out of interst is it uniformed or civies on the trip

well ive got a set of cuffs that can be loaned if anyone sleepwalks :evil:

not promosing the keys thougth :whistle:

otherwise a 6mm ball bearing works well from sa80 replica

looking forward to the weekend

out of interst is it uniformed or civies on the trip

Something green or camo sounds good.

There again I thought Jack would have had the HMVF Tee Shirt ready by then :whistle:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi chaps

Like the new site, very neat. I have not heard anything from the MOD concerning camping on the SPTA. So Saturday coming myself and a few others are going to see the landlord at the Busterd inn and get the camp site sorted for there. I will ring Westdown and tell them that we will no longer need Carter or Fowler barracks. I hope everyone is still interested in the visit as much as we are. I know the landlord has already said we can camp in the paddock next to the pud but I just want to double check. If the chap has a computer I will get him to send me an email confirming the use of the site and then i will post it here.

We did the Impact run again Saturday in a car and we had no trouble getting around there. We will have the Subaru up front on the day just incase. We have also had a look at C crossing. This is a great place to get some nice pics as there is a river down there with an old Bailey bridge spanning it. You can;t drive through the river but you can go for a paddle if need be :shake:

Hi chaps.

Just discovered the trip to SP.

I am off that weekend and subject to it being back in one piece, I shall bring the Ward la France M1A1. :-D

Will give an update as soon as I can.

Mark

Oh yes!

Come on Mark - you and the Ward HAS to be there!

Yes Mark you have to be there its going to be a corker. I think the Coldstream guards are going to have a shock when this lot comes over the hill. Are you all coming fully kitted with commo nets and stuff just to give the photos that spiecal look. The good thing with it being an EX ground is there are loads of unused fox hole and tank ditchs to set up for some nice pics. The river crossing is going to be a brill place for the WW2 kit what with an old bailey bridge and all.

Hi There Everybody just being reading about the trip to the plains because this is the first time i have had the internet since october so just back dayting everything but as i was saying am really really interessted about coming down but at the moment i dont actually drive at the moe but test is booked so that means is any body going to be willing to pick me up/or i meet them i am in Potters BAr hertfordshire thanks very much.

Kyle

P.S thank you to every one who it makeing this happen

I'd love the thought of traversing The Plain again.

If anybody has too many vehicles (preferably armoured) and not enough commanders (or drivers - see list below - and you trust me with your beloved - vehicle not wife FFS) I'd love to help out and make up the numbers. Weekends are fine by me and The Plain isn't far at all.

It's been 25 years since I was inside an A vehicle but it's something you don't forget in a hurry.

Fingers crossed.

;o)

Hello guys

Just got back from the Busterd Inn and the Landlord is more than happy to allow us to dig in for the weekend. He has put the date in his diary, The car park is massive and plenty of room for a lowloader. How many of you guys will be useing Sat-Nav? I have a postcode for the Pub which will make it a bit easyer to find. He's more than happy to have a few more vehicles there so if you are still in two minds nows the time. I know its a strang thing to be asking but, As you all know its the 25th anniversary of the Forklands conflict. Do any of you guys have anything in the way of displays that we could do just incase some of the locals do come over for a gander at the vehicles. Just a thought :?

Hi Tony,

the postcode would be great (for the wife of course) suppose i had better see how many of the Dorset crew are coming up ready to convoy could be a good time to remind Jack that there is more than one eight o`clock in a day :pfrt:

Ashley

Sat Nav in an MV whats wrong with a good old fashion map.

Tony would it be possible nearer the time to have yours or another member of the plain team's mobile number for the people going just incase someone does get lost :whistle: if it is possible might be better for those going to PM you for the number so its not given worldwide, dont want you getting any dirty phone calls.

Sat Nav in an MV whats wrong with a good old fashion map.

Tony would it be possible nearer the time to have yours or another member of the plain team's mobile number for the people going just incase someone does get lost :whistle: if it is possible might be better for those going to PM you for the number so its not given worldwide, dont want to get any dirty phone calls.

Errrr - might be something to do with the Plod not being too happy about drivers careering down A roads and motorways with maps obscuring the windscreen....

Errrr - might be something to do with the Plod not being too happy about drivers careering down A roads and motorways with maps obscuring the windscreen....

There is always the better way !!!!

The Essex contingent will probably be travelling in convoy anyway (as always).

In fact if there are those who will be travelling down on the Sat am who wish to tag along we should make a meet up somewhere to enable a larger convoy to proceed.

You know what they say ............. safety in numbers ...............not only that but can act as a back up in case of breakdowns.