What did santa bring you?

rambo1969

New AC/DC live dvd, and some socks. I can officially now rock my socks off!:)

Live From River Plate? had the CD for Christmas, but it is sitting in my car, which is sitting in the garage after she failed today......Praise The Lord for my Landy 90!!!!!!

Mark

New AC/DC live dvd, and some socks. I can officially now rock my socks off!:)

The Family Jewels ACDC is quite good as well worth buying in my humble opinion

Ooooo would have liked the DVD!!! Can we have a video of you rocking your socks off?

O er Madam

Edited by ferrettkitt
Didn't like what I had written

Well,

Maybe its kind of not the right place but it is what my lady and I gave each other here, a new house.

We managed to get permission from the building inspector to occupy based on substantial completion stage the friday before Christmas. It was a very close shave at the end. We got the septic tank to the bed connected the monday before Christmas. It snowed the next day.

Here are a few snapshots of poor quality but you get the idea. Poured concrete footings, poured concrete walls. Modular home ext size 26' 9" by 48' prefinished inside, pre wired and pre plumbed.

next step finish inside and finish exterior and build garage and workshop in the spring summer. Then I can get back to call sign 31 Ferret work, hopefully.

R

IMG01026-20120916-1419.jpg

IMG01057-20120920-1356.jpg

Lifting on the front half.jpg

Long driveway to plow.jpg

Well,

Maybe its kind of not the right place but it is what my lady and I gave each other here, a new house.

We managed to get permission from the building inspector to occupy based on substantial completion stage the friday before Christmas. It was a very close shave at the end. We got the septic tank to the bed connected the monday before Christmas. It snowed the next day.

Here are a few snapshots of poor quality but you get the idea. Poured concrete footings, poured concrete walls. Modular home ext size 26' 9" by 48' prefinished inside, pre wired and pre plumbed.

next step finish inside and finish exterior and build garage and workshop in the spring summer. Then I can get back to call sign 31 Ferret work, hopefully.

R

ERRR, WHY DID YOU CONNECT THE SEPTIC TANK TO THE BED.:nut:

Well,

Poured concrete footings, poured concrete walls. Modular home ext size 26' 9" by 48' prefinished inside, pre wired and pre plumbed.

R

Congrats Robin, being a nomadic vagabond, myself I can appreciate having a home.

Is it the norm to pour the walls? Is it a cost issue or insulation?

Curious as we have been involved in a project over here where they use reusable aluminium panels to pour the concrete into, then one a whole floor is down they slide them up and go at it again.

Mike,

This is the closing of an event from nearly 15 years ago when I went back to a T shirt and a pair of jeans as my only belongings, a long time rebuilding my life with another lady, "I will rebuild" was what I said then, and I have. This is our home, the last one.

As far as the basement walls, poured monolithic concrete can not be beat. concrete blocks below the level of the surrounding earth grade should not, in my opinion, be allowed in this arctic climate. There is a lot of lateral pressure frond the ground once it is back filled on 3 sides. Our walls are 8" inches thick with heaps of 15mm rebar. You only do it once and the up front costs are cheaper than any subsequent rework!

The ally forms you talk about are called "slip forms" over here, very common and highly cost effective. Our forms are wood and have slots in them for ties that hold the panels together during the pour. Then snapped off after and left in the walls.

In one wall we had "cast in place" vinyl windows poured into the walls with wooden bucks inside to stop any deformation. Our basement or lower level is well lit with natural daylight. The interior walls have a wood stud frame set inside and fibreglass bat insulation of R20 value all the way around. Spray foam is an option but big dollars and I can do fibreglass myself.

On a sunny day cold winters day the propane forced air furnace stops coming on at around 9am and only kicks back on around 3pm as the sun looses its energy.

Hope that answers your questions. Happy to answer more.

IMG01054-20120919-1458.jpg

IMG01034-20120917-1516.jpg

IMG01195-20121109-0742.jpg

Off Piste now I guess as we have stumbled onto 'Grand Designs'..............LoL.... Enjoy Robin

I got some new shirts and aftershave.........Oh and a session in a Boeing 737 Simulator :-)

Didn't expect anything from the ExbutnowNewagain Wife so it's all Good :-)

Yes I agree its a bit a tangent but as I said didnt know quite where to post it!

I did get a digital slide scanner from my lovely lady, now to get some of my Canadian Forces images scanned in and thrown up, that will be a lifetime project, I have about 25,000!

R

Keep you busy in between the DIY project .... ;)