Food at shows

woa2

This question is for those who cook when at MV Shows.

What do you cook for your Evening Meal? Meals should be quick to prepare and create the minimum of washing up. I am trying to get some ideas for cooking at War & Peace next year, and avoiding just having take-aways (also, buying Sausages from a Burger van parked next to the Toilets is a bit off-putting).

OK, any cooking suggestions from anyone?

Hi,

it is surprising what you can get in tins to-day last year as my chinese friend proudly announced he was eating `english food` i let him know i was having oriental beef in a bean sauce (5 mins)with noodles (3 mins) :) cooked in minutes very easy, tinned mince + pototoes, peas/carrots followed by a good tin of rice pudding and a tea/or beer who needs take aways vans ?

Though i must admitt the cafe on the industrial estate down the road from beltring make a veryhearty breakfast very reasonably priced indeed and opens at 6 am so you can walk it off (more like waddle) back to camp.

Ashley

Hi,

Though i must admitt the cafe on the industrial estate down the road from beltring make a veryhearty breakfast very reasonably priced indeed and opens at 6 am so you can walk it off (more like waddle) back to camp.

Is that the one located in that side street across the Branbridges Road petrol station (near the roundabout)?

Greetz

David

usually cook currys or chilli, or spag bol far easier on the field kitchen when your cooking for 10 people upwards

I am looking at cooking for around 6 people.

Some good suggestions so far. Jack - how about publishing a Cook Book for people going to MV Shows?

find out who has the field kitchen and see if they are using it at the shows

you never know you could even end up with chicken dinners or 2 course meals:nut:

when mine is at a show i always use it to cook something to show the public how it should be used:blush: and always have hot water on for washing up after as most people who eat at the events dont mind helping afterwards:cool2:

as a lot of kitchens are around it shouldnt be to hard to find a group nearby if you are on your own

when im on my own i use a old no 3 double burner with 1 big pan and that cooks fine for 4 people anything from stew to boil in the bag items

Not a suggestion, (she is spoken for) but the best way I have found is to take my missus. When she didn't go to Beltring, we ate out of tins (literally, a fork into the can) and lived on burgers etc from a van. When she did go, she took real, fresh ingredients, potatoes to peel, peas to shell, fresh meat etc and cooked up 3 proper restaurant quality meals a day. She even insisted we washed up after each meal instead of washing up when we ran out of plates/cutlery or when the last meal remnants were going mouldy like we would usually do. I know we took advantage but did try to help with the preparation etc so she did not spend her whole time over a stove.

How do cooks (either sex) manage to cook things for different lengths of time, at different heat settings but end up with everything ready at the same time? Beats me!!

Is that the one located in that side street across the Branbridges Road petrol station (near the roundabout)?

Greetz

David

Hi david,

as you head into paddockwood there is an industrial estate sign posted on the left hand side you have to follow the road to the end to find it as i remember there were some dutch guys there one morning with their jeep to whom i chatted.

Ashley