Food at shows

woa2

Hi david,

as you head into paddockwood there is an industrial estate sign posted on the left hand side you have to follow the road to the end to find it as i remember there were some dutch guys there one morning with their jeep to whom i chatted.

Ashley

Hi Ashley,

we'll see if we can find it then next time! :-D

Greetz

David

Tried it with a can of soup once. Got told by an 'Old Soldier', 'Dent top of tin before you put it on'. Stuck under the manifold of an old dumper truck we used round the stables. Didn't work.

Mind you the bang and suden spray of contents could help consipation. (How I survied childhod I do wonder :-D)

24hr rat pack mmmmmm sausage and beans,corned beef hash, pears in choco sauce:D

ORP's are the way to go. Good Menu options. Brew Kit included and are designed to be eaten cold.

Latest UN menus are Gucci with some great flavours even if they all have a small bottle of Tebasco to suit the American boys!

Corned Beef Hash is still a 'Mega' dish...Mmmmm Yum Yum :-D

Most of the time we use 24hr ration packs with a few tins of other crap to add. Suits us as its quick and easy, we also use a very simple three hob cooker that seems to do the trick. At some point in the future I wouldn’t mind investing in a 12x12 and a no5 field cook set, not only does it add to the display it would make things a hell of a lot easier, i think a bloody good chicken korma with some fresh naan bread would go down a treat.:cool2:

Any idea on the going price for said cook said?

ORP's are the way to go. Good Menu options. Brew Kit included and are designed to be eaten cold.

Latest UN menus are Gucci with some great flavours even if they all have a small bottle of Tebasco to suit the American boys!

Corned Beef Hash is still a 'Mega' dish...Mmmmm Yum Yum :-D

Yes, Number One Son has been given SOP. When on excersise collect left over packs! :cool2:

Tuna in 'light mayonasie' anyone?

Sausages on long kebab skures (sp?), Baked Potatoes, Tins, all cooked on the camp fire :D

Also a small camping stove for teas and frying pan for eggs n bacon...

Salads

All eaten off of paper plates n plastic cutlery

And if all else fails there are quite a few camps at W&P that have cook tents which do everything from full english to stews and pies for a small fee.. its amazing what normal food can be found

Hope that helps

Abi

6 persons, should be easy.

how about a quick Muurikka stir? a Muurikka more or less is a shallow steel dish, originally intended to be used as frying-pan over a fire, charcoal grill or similar, even seen it done on a gas BBQ and there are special gas "rings" to buy.

the great part is that you just have to rinse the muurikka out with hot water and then wipe it with a crumpled page from a newspaper (that is if you have not overheated and welded stuff on), before you begin next time heat oil in it wipe with paper and and rince.

the fun part is that all it takes to cook with this is a knife, cutting board and something to stir with, or do as we usually do prepare at home and just pour ingredients in (saves on carying board and kitchen knife), forgot to add a pot to boil the potatoes in.

to eat and save on washing up just use a plate and spork.

quick guide to Muurikka cooking.

cut some sausage and/or meat into pieces same with potatoes, tomatoes, carrots, canned corn and/or babycorn, some peas WITH pods, bean sprouts and such.

first boil the potatoes, I usually boil them almost ready day before and let them finish in Muurikka, or buy ready boiled potatoes and just cut and stir in.

to prepare food just heat Muurikka put some oil in when hot (test with small piece of sausage) throw in meat first let it become almost finished then vegetables in order of cooking time. I usually begin with carrots and potatoes then finish with bean sprouts and pea-pods...

here is one I found on-line with bit more substance to the proportions.

600g meat (moose, beef, veal, ham, sausages...)

2 small onions

12-16 potatoes

600g mushrooms

0.5l cream

2 tablespoons crèmefraiche or yoghurt.

salt, pepper

boil the potatoes almost all through and cut,also cut meat into strips and cut onions into wedges drain the mushrooms, rinse then cut to suitable size.

start by gently frying the meat and add some salt then add onions and mushrooms almost last add potatoes and let everything heat up, finish up by adding pepper cream and the cremefraiche or yoghurt and heat.

replace the meat with salmon or other fish perhaps some spicy sausages if you wish.

to get more do a google image search for Muurikka recipe, use the google language tool to auto translate from Swedish to English.

I got the one from above from here (the swedish version), in link below I used language tools to translate to some sort of English.

http://translate.google.com/translate?&langpair=sv|en&u=http://www.muurikka.se/recept.php

Edited by OErjan