Jump to content

latest toy FV433


sharky
 Share

Recommended Posts

We got a new toy at work today an FV433 "abbott" found in a scrap yard and is now going to have a refit with us .

She is in a bit of a sorry state at moment with 4 broken torsion bars and various other small inconvienences but she starts and drives lovely (as lovely as broken suspension allows )

hopefully next week she'll be up on blocks all suspension out and being prepped for sand blasting.

I'll post some pics of progress .

 

Theres a few more pics in my album

 

Iain (sharky)

100_1967.jpg

100_1970.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cant tell for sure but is it the last two road wheel torsion bars on each side that have broken ? as it appears the last road wheels are bearing on the last return roller, you mention the bars broke but not which ones .

 

back 4 bars at least and one middle one on drivers side so a bit of work not two drastic but i'll take some nurofen back relief before i do the job.

Iain

Link to comment
Share on other sites

back 4 bars at least and one middle one on drivers side so a bit of work not two drastic but i'll take some nurofen back relief before i do the job.

Iain

 

Have you got replacement bars ? if not I can supply some as long as they are same as 432/434.

PM me if you need any.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Any idea who the previous owner was? Apart from all the broken torsion bars I'm bemused by the fact that one track seems to have new rubbers and the other side has none at all!

 

Andy

 

your guess is as good as mine heavy left hand maybe

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Thanks for your responses very encouraging . i must admit there has been more than just me at it .It been done between 3 of us so far when we get chance in between other jobs .

As the keen eyed may of noticed we have made a few up grades like the track adjuster which is grease piston type instead of the old wind out type and also fitted the latest spec shockers.

The inside is requiring some serious work but we have silver paint and a needle gun and a very aggresive wire wheel for the grinder.

I had the contact plate out for the electrics to turret absolutely siezed solid but now free as a bird and suprisingly all contacts are good, i didnt get any photos tho unfortunately.

Hopefully lights will be reinstated on the outside and re-wired then final green coat then camo and onto the inside this next week and the pack should go back in now we cured the heat exchange leak.

more posts next week .

any one know anything about the gun elevation balancers they dont appear to work at present ?

 

cheers Iain

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

finally got some progress on the abbot its now out of the workshop .Its not finished yet but is now on the back burner for the winter other projects are taking prioritybut drove her today and that was a nice feeling to finally have her moving on decent suspension .

I'm quite pleased with the paint aswell not bad for the bad light in the workshop .

anyway heres some pics

 

Iain

09112010077.jpg

09112010075.jpg

09112010076.jpg

09112010078.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...