W&P purchases

chevpol

Almost bought a Leyland DROPS as I think they look awesome and would look especially so with a cvrt on the back..

However, I changed my mind and instead bought....

2 pairs of ear defenders (2.99 each !)

and a desert camo sun hat (4.99 and came in v useful)

Cheers

Bought this manual, which gives details of exercises to avoid your rear end making contact with W&P toilets in the more far flung parts of the show ground.

DSCF3181.jpg

Dscf3183.jpg

Edited by Marmite!!
links corrected

I bought 4 new ammo boxes, 1x large ally box, 2 bench seats, 2 tables, ATU wing box, 2 x Mk6 antenna mounts and a side antenna arm, 1x large chefs knife, suive, and large spoon with holes in.

Forgive my ignorance but what the h*ll is a suive. I do like the large spoon with holes in though...!

Soviet APS Stechkin stock/holster with sling

Soviet camelwool sweater

Soviet AKM/Ak-74 bakelite bayonet

Soviet Bayonet hangers

Russian backpack to take all of my stuff back home

Some cheap mattress, since the soil wasn't that nice for my back

Gasmask I got for someone else :)

Real great kit Mark.

Light weight folding table, woolly gloves, bungies, camo poles and tops, compass with free T shirt, 85ptn waterproof top, coms cables, ancillary bag of bits including 'Bob Marley' antenna and mount for 344 radio (great find), Turf unit and plate for 321 radio, and a ammo box tray for a M63 AA mount, empty cart. cases and free link for the .50cal. The little slot in box for a DMU, earth straps for radio's, cups of tea and chips. Best buy, the table. Made our pitch very civilized so we could cook standing up and a firm base so the beer did not fall over.

Andy.

Forgive my ignorance but what the h*ll is a suive. I do like the large spoon with holes in though...!

Most probably spelt wrong mate. It is a conical container with holes in so that you can chuck your spag into and the water drains out, a strainer parhaps?:D

Most probably spelt wrong mate. It is a conical container with holes in so that you can chuck your spag into and the water drains out, a strainer parhaps?:D

very close with the spelling but its a conical sieve and used for taking pips and lumps out of jams or syrups

can also be used for draining spaggetti but takes ages to dry it as keeps a lot of water in the middle

very close with the spelling but its a conical sieve and used for taking pips and lumps out of jams or syrups

can also be used for draining spaggetti but takes ages to dry it as keeps a lot of water in the middle

We used it for that purpose and it drained fine, it has holes in the bottom of it. Also used it for green beans and peas and it worked a treat. For £2 brand new you can't go wrong!

I got feed up with sleeping on the floor in a two man tent I bourght 7 X 9 ridge tent could not afford a 9X9! (need a landrover table now) Tank helmet and photos of me in the arena driving and crewing.

Big Al

Now I get it - as the old saying goes am army marches on it's strawberry jam....!

I bought :-

11m x 5m camo net

Ferret cooking/mess tins X2 (they were stuck together and no one including the stall holder could part them :-D )

2 X new Clansman headsets

box of infra-red chem sticks (no idea why I bought these)

2 man bivvy tent to be turned into a canvas top cover for the Ferret

and a bunch of cheap/old 9x9/12x12 tent bags for just kit storage)

oh and rented a few gallons of beer from the Gingers tent :-D

I bought :-

box of infra-red chem sticks (no idea why I bought these)

that is an odd one.... reminds me on exercise, a guy kept cracking them and we said what you doing... he said they arent working

was quite funny when he saw the mess with nvg's :-D

I got feed up with sleeping on the floor in a two man tent I bourght 7 X 9 ridge tent could not afford a 9X9! (need a landrover table now) Tank helmet and photos of me in the arena driving and crewing.

Big Al

Did you get that 7x9 off my mate Garry in the USA field did you? The best tent you will ever own.

that is an odd one.... reminds me on exercise, a guy kept cracking them and we said what you doing... he said they arent working

was quite funny when he saw the mess with nvg's :-D

Amazingly enough and something that could only happen at War & Peace, after I bought the infra-red chem sticks I of course snapped one and then spent the rest of the day trying to find someone in the Ferret camp that had a camera with night vision mode, no joy. Later on standing in the Gingers beer tent, my brother tapped me on the shoulder and pointed out a chap with a pair of NVGs on his head and hey presto these chem sticks really do work :-D

One pair of assault boots, new £10

One pair of the old style combat high leg boots, new £5

A few combat 95 shirts and trousers £4-£5 each

A couple of the old jungle DPMs £1 each from the big box o ****

A few jerry cans £2 each

Some big cooking pots £3 each

A nice set of ww2 USMC dress greens £20

Some SA80 bits about £15

A new sleeping bag that i didn’t sweat my bollox off in the hot nights one would endure at w&p £30

A gorges pair of ww2 USN aviator wings for a song

So not a hugely expensive show this time, although I did have to look hard to find the real bargains.

A few tips to those wishing to go for the first time.

Don’t buy the first thing you see, i can guarantee you’ll find it on another stall a lot cheaper. Save some spending money for the Sunday as a lot of stuff comes down in price. And don’t forget that a lot of the MV displays also have bits and bobs for sale. Often at really good prices, i managed to pick up a few jerry cans at £2 a pop and a SA80 bayonet at a fiver.

Another tip I picked up from a forum member was not to chuck the W&P map in the tent and forget about it. Take it with you to the stalls, if you see something that you like but want to see if its cheaper else ware. Put a dot with a pen on the stall location, that way you won’t spend god knows how long looking for it again.:blush: