Two good to be true 2

antarmike

First email titled "item" from a Yahoo account

I saw your posted for sale VEHICLE on http://www.milweb.net do you still have it and how much

Thanks

Johnson

2nd E mail "re Item"

How much is that ?

3rd E mail "er Item"

Good to contact you this lovely morning !!

How are you doing with your lovely famaily?It is a great pleasure buying from you and i hope you will

eventually sell it to me ....I am okay with your stated price and all you have said about it kindly consider it

sold to me and await my payment delivery.

Moreover,i have contacted my shipping company that have been using for years they assured me they will pick

it up at your door step perfectly and safely so you dont have to bother yourself about shipping

arrangement,moreso the payment arrangement is that i will issue you a check for the cost of item with shipping

charges as soon as you have the check cash it and deduct your selling price then transfer the balance to my

shipper via western union money transfer. The check is 100 % good and will clears fine in 2 days.

Finally get back with your details in order for the check to be send out to you.

Full Name

Full Address

City

State

Zip Code

Country

Thanks.

Sounds like a Rip off attempt....what do you all think?

When the cash is in your acount, then its sold. I had one muppet was expecting me to hold a vehicle for a month so he could come and see it. When I sold it he threatened to take me to court for brech of contract. Eh, OK if that's how you feel see you in court. That was the polite answer.

No, it sounds fine.

Let him have your details.

I hear he is also looking to buy any 432's as well....:nut:

When i sold my last DT i had about 10 of these e-mails all wanting to pay the full price and wishing that i will be blessed by God and that my guinea pig will be happy.

I wonder how many people actually reply to these fools ?

To save you a lot of hassle it may be best if you empty your bank account put the cash in a bag in the back of the vehicle and deliver it to me.

I will promise to clean the vehicle and park in the road, to annoy neighbours and make them use their driveways.:D

I will also invest any money wisely at the local pub.:D

You will then have done what they intend to do with the added advantage that you will not need to change banks, move etc.

Mike

A couple of years ago I had some of these. I contacted the local CID and was told it was a scam of course. But also, a cheque could be deemed as cleared by the bank and later found to be stolen/lost, then the money would then be removed from your account! Scary

Edited by Mk3iain

I have suggested he wires me the money via Western Union, and then I will return any surplus with a cheque!

Mike,

Didn't you click on that link to the scam baiting site I put up??? It tells you all about the millions of different scams and also gets back at them.

The only way I would sell my vehicle is with cold hard cash, handed over in person. Western Union is notorious and is always used by scammers. Stay well away, don't give out any info.

Read here;

http://www.met.police.uk/fraudalert/cashback_fraud.htm

Its the usual con email that replies to most ads on Milweb and other sites, probably originates from Nigeria....DELETE!!

No, there is much fun to be had here. Not least when the shipping company turns up to collect it with the usual car transporter and find something the size of Nigeria.

Dear Mr. Mikey, Sir, Your Honour, Blessings be upon you & all you come into contact with.

I am hoping you are having a daily lovely.

May the lord bless you with much sunshine from your nether regions when you being bended overly.

I hoping muchly that you will accept my generous offerings for the purchasing of your army vehicle which is of muchly interest to me in personly.

so I will being sendingly to you a cheque for the sum of £1,250,000. which is £54 of your Englishly Quidlings for the Car, & the rest is for posting off charges to me.

I am appologising to the profusely for the mistakings is writing out the chech to youse. but this is definately the very lastly one I am having left.

Please could you be sending me directly backwards, the excess for this transaction either by Cash in registering letter. Or by English Banking Drafty.

Thanking you with Muchly blessings & thank you please.

Yours Sinceringly, with Blessings. Dr. Rt.Hon. OOHMEGOOLIE. Esq, D.S.O, C.D.M, Mention in Dispatchings. :-D

Dear Mr. Mikey, Sir, Your Honour, Blessings be upon you & all you come into contact with.

I am hoping you are having a daily lovely.

May the lord bless you with much sunshine from your nether regions when you being bended overly.

I hoping muchly that you will accept my generous offerings for the purchasing of your army vehicle which is of muchly interest to me in personly.

so I will being sendingly to you a cheque for the sum of £1,250,000. which is £54 of your Englishly Quidlings for the Car, & the rest is for posting off charges to me.

I am appologising to the profusely for the mistakings is writing out the chech to youse. but this is definately the very lastly one I am having left.

Please could you be sending me directly backwards, the excess for this transaction either by Cash in registering letter. Or by English Banking Drafty.

Thanking you with Muchly blessings & thank you please.

Yours Sinceringly, with Blessings. Dr. Rt.Hon. OOHMEGOOLIE. Esq, D.S.O, C.D.M, Mention in Dispatchings. :-D

:trustme::rofl::rofl::rofl::mailforyou:

• 2 weeks later...

was it on here where someone said about a scammer who was had by his victim - he convinced the scammer that they had to join his cult before he could hand over any money, and they had to film themselves performing weird dance rituals etc, and in the end they ended up sending him money :)

I had a chap called McGregor e-mailing me wanting to buy the item I had for sale.

It was my FV432 Mk5..............'

You can have fun with these people. One had a Ferret for sale so I asked him if the 'autovac'

was in good order as they are very troublesome on the B60's. Of course it was, he had just replaced it at the last service..........idiots

Somewhere there is a web site set up to extract the urine out of the scammers

You agree to their terms but they have to in turn send you pictures of themselves and have to agree to make a donation to your chosen charity in the UK

Usually you dont hear from them again !:-D

To save you a lot of hassle it may be best if you empty your bank account put the cash in a bag in the back of the vehicle and deliver it to me.

I will promise to clean the vehicle and park in the road, to annoy neighbours and make them use their driveways.:D

I will also invest any money wisely at the local pub.:D

You will then have done what they intend to do with the added advantage that you will not need to change banks, move etc.

Mike

Sorry Mike, I've got an offer that trumps yours. Just deliver full of all the cash from bank and instead of cleaning it every week, I'll return it to be cleaned and fuel tanks refilled every week and wait in pub for its return.

• 4 months later...
Mike,

Didn't you click on that link to the scam baiting site I put up??? It tells you all about the millions of different scams and also gets back at them.

The only way I would sell my vehicle is with cold hard cash, handed over in person. Western Union is notorious and is always used by scammers. Stay well away, don't give out any info.

Read here;

http://www.met.police.uk/fraudalert/cashback_fraud.htm

Well thank f...... for HMVF!

Our company was just negotiating a contract and was in the final stages and I got told about a weird clause that was in the contract in a throw away comment.

I told them not to proceed further, no-one believed me and I returned and found this thread and the link above and sent it upwards.

I still have disbelievers as the amount of effort they put in, to research our services, products etc was very elaborate and the cash back bit was hidden in the fine print of the contract. It never set of alarm bell as it is common for agent or middlemen to want a comission it was the way it was worded that had me thinking the scam.

So be aware of the fine print. I'll let you know if I get any updates or a pint from the directors :D

This has been a scam for ages, they tried it with one of my unimogs.

I replied you come here with the cash, or your shipping aggent brings cash then its yours, funny thing, i had no reply.

But be warned many people have been conned by this.

They come pick up your item your selling, you give them back the excess money, keeping your extra bonus for "being so helpfull"

Then in 2 weeks your bank tells you the cheque is duff, you lose your vehicle and money!

There is so many scams out there, you have to be so carefull, but they will try anything. If it sounds to good to be true, then it normally is, like the "you have won something in a competition" just send "x"amount to release it from customs! Yeh right, i didnt even enter a comp, so how can i win. Be suspicious allways. :nut:

The price the last Air Guitar sold for on ebay, your bagged air looks cheap!

But this one ain't going too well despite H4H......

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Air-Guitar-Funny-Christmas-present-Great-Gift-/250732009599?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item3a60cad87f#ht_926wt_1139

I hope your packaging is up to quality

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Miniature-Air-Guitar-Free-Air-Plectrum-Gift-Card-NEW-/170566940591?pt=UK_Home_Garden_GreetingCards_ET&hash=item27b694f7af#ht_1157wt_932

Edited by antarmike

The best scam baiting site is www.419eater.com then look at letters archive worth a visit and a laugh! As to reverse scamming, one of the funniest reverses is (as mentioned above) having the scammer join a cult or paying a deposit ahead of the scammed amount.

Even getting a real Tattoo!

okorie6.jpg

It reads "Baited by Shiver" read the full story here: http://www.419eater.com/html/okorie.htm

Now I wonder if there is an opportunity to reverse scam one of these 'purchasers'. Maybe its a case that all Military enthusiasts in the UK have a secret tattoo, we only sell to others with that same tattoo / missing end joint of little finger / left testicle removed or similar . Send proof and the sale can go ahead.

Edited by simonm