When did your wife or partner admit defeat?

agripper

When I first met my wife she only knew a little about my interests and I had learnt from previous experiences that I would need to slowly interduce her to all of what I did. Started slowly with the more comon then moved onto the less . Before she knew it it was to late as she was now fully imersed in my world and enjoyed the days and wekends away. This started with just haveing an excuse to go away for the weekend and see different shops.

My interests go from aircraft, shooting,AFV's and steam engines. Over the years she has shown more and more interest, but at times have realised that she was now starting to think the way I do, scary thought though it is. She has made 2 very obvious coments to show this. The first when we where out driving I i noted a Rolls Royce for sale, I comented that we had passed a "roller" for sale. This caused her to coment, was it a Fowler, Burrel or Garrett. These being all makes of Steam rollers. She was more than a little shocked when I comented that it was only a car. She said at the time that she was official to far gone!

Another time was when choosing a Tracked AFV, I had looked at Sabre's, scorpion 432,433 and evan the AMX13. This time she passed the coment that still to this days makes me smile.

"Get the Sabre its the most practical"

MY question to you is at what point did your other half know that they where lost and what did they say or do which let you know or make them realise them had become as Normal as the rest of us!!!!:cool2:

I can pin the time to when I knew my Girl Friend, now my Wife, was the one for me was when we went to an ex-WD dealer and I noticed her tipping out a bucket of rusty spanners and looking for the Ford ones for my WOT2 toolkit.

Walking back from the nightclub where I met her at about 3 in the morning- passed a toyshop with a Hornby trainset in the window "I've got one of those" says I...

I'm not quite sure when she became converted, but she got in yesterday after going home for the weekend by train and said "ohh, I saw something interesting in an barn from the train- looked like an old lorry". She also points out (and correctly identifies) old Land Rovers and shouts to me when there's a steam engine on TV. Oh, and suggested going for a ride on the Gloucestershire Warwickshire Railway too :-D

She keeps nagging me to get another Landy and is dead keen on coming to the GDSF this year.

I'm lucky, cant be many 20 year old lasses that daft...

Mine was when we were engaged and looking for a house to buy together. After spending a few weekends looking around various local housing estates, Suzanne came home from work one day and called me up to say "I've seen a fantastic house for sale from the train today, i'ts got a massive garden you could get loads of trucks in". Thats where we have lived happily for 18 years, and yes there are trucks and tanks in the garden.

John.

When i first brought home Christina i had told her about my collection of German militaria but i think she expected an old box with a few badges in like the residents of the nursing home where she worked.

Only to be shocked by a display of (at that time) 100 bit sof headgear on shelves above the picture rail and frames of badges on the wall also the odd picture and print, but once her eyes nearly fell out of her head as she worked untill 10 pm at night and on comming home the lounge had a bout 10 fully grown men? (all collectors ) watching Cross of Iron wearing a german helmet each and badges, field gear etc for some reason she just said Hiya and went to bed only to question me in the morning

Though it doesn`t bother her the militaria is not on general display and when available is kept in a locked room.

Ashley

my youngest refers to all 4x4 that look like landrovers as such,to the point at a show saying loadly and in ear soot of the owner "there's a landrover like yours" I thought his head would explode as he tried to explain to a 7 year old it was a jeep. She did not believe him can't rember her exact words but latter as we walked a way said it looks like a land rover. If a 7 year old gets it why no o e else does!! LOL :cheesy:

Serves you right for buying the inferior option :-D

Actually, I rather like Gipsys, but winding Gipsy owners up is always fun...

So the usual answer to those who were jealous ! :pfrt: It was a longggg time ago, my first car! When petrol was 32 pence a GALLON for 2 star! Wish I had one again now.

my girlfriend seemed quite keen when i told her we were going to have a week away camping in my motorhome later on in the year , i havent told her its war and peace and were going in my mj yet , her face is gonna be a picture when i do :laugh:

my girlfriend seemed quite keen when i told her we were going to have a week away camping in my motorhome later on in the year , i havent told her its war and peace and were going in my mj yet , her face is gonna be a picture when i do :laugh:

You may only see the back of her head...

...or not see anything as your eyes will be swollen and closed :nut:

My other half fluctuates between being alarmingly enthusiastic... and wanting to burn it all... never quite sure which will come out first though:-X

No one in particular, I think we both admitted defeat once we started going out with each other and found out what each other was like, that was nearly 20 years ago and it has been down hill ever since, but to be honest we have had some great fun.

My wife just don't know, I tell her the roof hatch is the passenger side sun roof :laugh:

She helped hand paint the lightweight and could sleep in it whilst running which I thought was quite an achievement.

She come to the junkyards....... another trip this weekend (yes I know I'm a softie)

Now I say on Saturdays "should we lie in and cuddle or should I go tinker with my truck?" and she brings me my coveralls and says "see you when you get home, honey"

My wife just don't know, I tell her the roof hatch is the passenger side sun roof :laugh:

She helped hand paint the lightweight and could sleep in it whilst running which I thought was quite an achievement.

She come to the junkyards....... another trip this weekend (yes I know I'm a softie)

Now I say on Saturdays "should we lie in and cuddle or should I go tinker with my truck?" and she brings me my coveralls and says "see you when you get home, honey"

Cor, you know how to give a Lady a good time!:-D