Proud New Owner ???

Markheliops

Hi all.

Yes - I am still here.

I have been very busy lately.

I have attended The Salute show in Dublin and attended the 40's event at Chatham - both great shows and reports will be written as soon as I get around to it.

I am on holiday with the lovely Naughty-Nurse (Debbie) for a couple of weeks and will get writing on my return. (She is entitled to some Heliops time ya know).

I have over 200 hundred photos of the Irish Military Vehicle Group's show - Salute to post, etc.

Quick update - Hans and I have now agreed a purchase of a Chieftain MBT. I wasn't going to discuss it on here as we haven't paid for it yet but references have been made to it so this is the story.

Hans (co owner of the FV432) has always been an armoured groupie. He longs for something big with a gun on it.

I spent a year trying to put him off the idea but failed. Due to his apetite for armour - Sean (forum member) and Hans got chatting at War and Peace where Sean offered his English Chieftain for sale.

Hans duely despatched me to Salute Show where I viewed and drove the said vehicle.

Salute2009128.jpg

A deal has been brokered and I expect the tank to be at my location by November / December.

Hans is over the moon - I am to say a little aprehensive - never having had something so big or known to be so troublesome.

However - on saying that I know we have purchased a very GOOD Chieftain rather than a heap of junk, of which there are many for sale.

Anyway - I'm off on hols with Debbie so will get writing the reports for the forum.

Markheliops

Thanks for all your positive comments chaps.

The only thing which gives me some degree of comfort in relation to being a Chieftain owner is that there are more than enough forum members on here with know-how and experience of these beasts. Good job really - cos I must admit to knowing s-d all about them.

Guess I'm going to be a quick learner.

Mark,

You need a copy of this book:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Chieftain-Rob-Griffin/dp/1861264380

The author is a good guy, I have his email address (think he may even be on here?) which I can give you. In the back of the book is a table of all the reg nos and what happened to them. I'm sure he'll be able to fill you in on some of the history for yours too.

Chris

Mark,

You need a copy of this book:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Chieftain-Rob-Griffin/dp/1861264380

The author is a good guy, I have his email address (think he may even be on here?) which I can give you. In the back of the book is a table of all the reg nos and what happened to them. I'm sure he'll be able to fill you in on some of the history for yours too.

Chris

Many thanks Chris - copy ordered.

Regards

Markheliops