Spotted today....

Richard Farrant

Forgot to put this on last week - Spotted a nice Bedford Ql - No canvases on the back but looked straight enough on the back of an autotec recovery truck heading from the M65 through Colne , Lancs towards Keighley in West yorks - Perhaps it may belong to a member of the forum?? Very nice anyway thanks:coffee:

saw on Sunday, heading through Sandon (near Stafford) 1x WC52(I think, you know how it is, all dodges look the same!!!;)) and 1x WC63.

I flashed my lights and waved, but got no responce (typical Dodge owners I thought, then it hit me, I was in my yellow 90!!!)

Mark

Whilst we were travelling back last night from bunker bash, seen heading north, near M42/M6/M6 Toll junction, on the back of a trailer, a GAZ69A 4 door command car, polish plates, anybody on here?

Mark

nice looking lwb Landrover (lhd , german plates ) with radio type box back on it ,think the wheels had holes all round the rims . was in Asda car park tonight Blackpool. the body had art work all over it and writing , couldnt make out what it said , also had the guys web site written on the bonnet. www.chrismorrell.com.

Certainly looked different .

Tuesday, 14 April 2009

Chris Morrell paints my wagon......

defender+005.jpg 'Tiny' used to be a pristine white Land rover 130, this however was no going to cut it for the Oz Rally.....

Following a local advertisment for an artist to paint my wagon, Chris Morrell more well known for his fine art work on motorbikes gave me call.

A date was set for mid Feb "As long as its not too cold it wont be a problem" was the last statement Chris made to me......

With a tight schedule for Chris to work in and limited options for location we set on taking 'Tiny' to Recklinghausen in Germany for its make over, it was freezing cold but Chris decided to work under a tent....

As an ex REME man Chris was used to working long hours I asked him why he left the REME he said " I hated working out doors in the cold and I cant stand land rovers"

So thats two for nil I thought, one bit of good news was though that Chris is a highly thought of artist in very high demand and I knew he would really give 'Tiny' a makeover worthy of the Rally.

I did not at the time know what Chris was planning, a week later I was stunned at the work Chris had done, 'Tiny' actually is a bit of a big lad....imagine painting the whole thing with an airbrush with a 0.4mm nozzle!!

You can find examples of Chris Morrells work at

www.chrismorrell.com

If you need a paint job and it needs to be a bit special he's your man.

Chris undertook the entire project at COST in support of the Rally and Team 'myescape'

defender 031.jpg

spotted what appears to be a military bike with side car in a field here in De Lutte, Holland

Well spotted it last time I was here buried under snow and thought "I wonder"

Will get a piccy during the week. Sitting in a field with a flowerpot and yellow flowers growng out of it :nut:

Mike, are you on a round the world jaunt. Not flying the world's favourite airline, then? :D

Company favourite airline = the cheapest

yep this is a circumnavigation. I still need to send you the full set of piccies from Fort Hood just need to get my pdf working again

havent got to the Dutch motorcycle yet, maybe this morning on the way to work.

However was sent these piccies today of a trial Vamtac in Malaysia. The Malaysian Army has bought them and the police are buying a few also

[ATTACH]27728[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]27727[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]27726[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]27725[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]27724[/ATTACH]