Spotted today....

Richard Farrant

ye , dont think that guys statement was funny !

Correct, with all the coffins coming back from Afghanistan that's not funny, it's just plain sick.

Edited by Degsy

On Saturday afternoon, a Boeing-Stearman Kaydet over flying Thorpe Abbotts airfield,

On Sunday afternoon, Maurice Hammonds P-51D Marinell displaying over Debach airfield,

and today over Cambridge services on the A1, an Olive Drab C-47 with invasion stripes heading East.

Seen on the M25 Dartford toll booths - heading into the tunnel on Bank Holiday (31st May).

Anyone know anything about it?

Markheliops

I saw it the same week on the A46 around Newark, on the same trailer. Looks like it went on a holiday for the weekend?

Hello Mark,

I'd call that a miracle!! I was contacted by the owner, glyn, and went to visit him at the end of march. The truck was then no more than a chassis, two axles and an engine. When he said he wanted to take it to dunkirk i thought he ment the 75th. I heard from him a few times and he rang me last week to say he'd made it to dunkirk.

In the time he's had he's made a very good job of it. To be honest i'm amazed he made it at all, well done that man.

Spotted a dukw on a truck heading anticlockwise round the M25 J12 on Friday. It was a yellow river tour type conversion, didn't get a photo though. Hopefully on its way to get restored to original. Pity I don't have enough room in my back garden (or enough money lol) as I'd love one!

spotted a few days ago , on a yard with 2nd hand cars , the remains of a WW 1 truck , went back today , unfortunately without camera , I found out it's a PEUGEOT truck , dual wheels at the rear , and has it complete drive train , engine , gearbox , dif, ....even the bulkhead .

Bedford TM 8 tonner and TM 14 tonner with comms bodies turning off the M4 onto the M25 - Army vehicles.

Also Foden Wrecker and Layland Daf 4 tonner heading South on the A34 - TA vehicles.

Tut Tut no discrimination now between Army and TA -after all we are now one army -so they keep telling us, but in reality never seen evidence of it lol.

Tut Tut no discrimination now between Army and TA -after all we are now one army -so they keep telling us, but in reality never seen evidence of it lol.

Someone needs to tell their unit then Major gazzaw! They had Large TA stickers on the front of their trucks! :cool2:

Having been ex REGULAR there will always be a difference between the pro's and the weekenders!!! (Runs for cover):pfrt::rofl:

Someone needs to tell their unit then Major gazzaw! They had Large TA stickers on the front of their trucks! :cool2:

Having been ex REGULAR there will always be a difference between the pro's and the weekenders!!! (Runs for cover):pfrt::rofl:

Im an Ex REGULAR and ive just joined a TA RLC DROPS Sqn...so what does that make me???!!! Ive only done it so i can get my hands on a drops again without having to buy one!! Mid life crisis i think!

Yep can't disagree there and it is now the norm for units to put these 'recruiting' stickers etc all over the vehicles and cars -sticky ones for the L Rovers being aluminium etc. But no matter how much they try to push the one army concept it will always be the difference between the Pro's and TA weekenders etc -although we do contribute a lot to ops with people on deployments regularly. Difference between Reg & TA? - yes when not on ops Regs 5 day week less Wed Afternoon Sports and sometimes Fri Happy afternoon in mess etc - opposed to TA -work Mon- Fri at normal job then off for weekend to the TA (to try and do basic soldiering -some quite badly IMHO) - Ah bliss (lobs hand grenade into room) lol - Been there/done that from both sides and pros and cons on all sides- not wanting to hijack this thread will shut up now -sorry mods for digressing....

Gary

spotted a few days ago , on a yard with 2nd hand cars , the remains of a WW 1 truck , went back today , unfortunately without camera , I found out it's a PEUGEOT truck , dual wheels at the rear , and has it complete drive train , engine , gearbox , dif, ....even the bulkhead .

Whereabouts was that then? Is it to be restored or sold? just idle curiosity you understand.

07:15 this morning a sight to warm the cockles!

Open cab Ward Le France towing a two axle box trailor anti-clockwise between J10 and J9 M25.

It looked so good in the morning sun, very special.

Regards rog8811

07:15 this morning a sight to warm the cockles!

Open cab Ward Le France towing a two axle box trailor anti-clockwise between J10 and J9 M25.

It looked so good in the morning sun, very special.

Regards rog8811

Did it look something like this (without the Ben Hur on the back)

wp3.jpg

That would have been me then - just before the Ward threw it's teddies out the window and decided to stop before junction 6.

Heliops

Edited by Markheliops
Add photo

That would have been me then - just before the Ward threw it's teddies out the window and decided to stop before junction 6.

I wondered if that was you or TTM stopped on the hard shoulder.

Sadly I was late for work so could not stop to offer moral support - hope you got going again OK

Yes it did :) Sorry to hear about your later troubles, you were doing well when I saw you!

Regards rog8811

No worries - it was eventually discovered to be no more than a blocked fuel filter. Pain in the butt considering the filter had done less than 400 miles since fitting.

Top tip - in future, carry a spare fuel filter.