Spotted today....

Richard Farrant

Just passed Ashford Truckstop and a Foden DROPS was coming out heading for the M20...nothing unusual, except it was painted bright orange, with I think white wheels, and on trade plates. It had a large container body on board, sheeted with a stairs at one end, could have been a demountable grandstand maybe.

Whilst on the way from Wartime in the Vale at Evesham to the Austin Gipsy rally in Burnham on sea when cruising down the M5 I stumbled across this Aktiv Snow Trac on the back of a trailer. Sorry about the poor quality but the windscreen was dirty and I was driving :undecided:.

If this wasn't enough then when I got to Junction 21 of the M5 coming the opposite way was a Scout Car, Champ and Jeep which I persume had been to an armed forces day at Weston super-Mare.

Were either of these anyone's on the forum?

224.jpg

225.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

spotted yesterday morning (sunday), heading south on the M6 near Keele services (staffs):-

1x L/R 90

2x Acmat

I assume some of the Irish contingent heading to W&P

Mark

Edited by chevpol

I was on playground duty this morning around 10.15 when I heard a drone, I looked up and I am sure it was a C-47 flying past. I am not very good at knowing aircraft but it defo wasn't a B15 or B52.

Spotted YESTERDAY on A158, near Horncastle, my old Antar leaves for Qatar in the middle East. Road jorney to Southampton to meet the ship taking her to Qatar, to join the national Museum, and to take part in the National Day Parade on 18th Dec.

Changes in legislation, fuel duty, proposed MOT testing, have all lead me to believe rallying in the UK is doomed. In Qatar Diesel is cheaper than water, (I believe 18p per litre) If that were the case here maybe someone would have been able to afford to run her in this country.)

I feel there is a far better chance of the Antar being appreciated in Qatar than in the UK where everything is stacked up aginst its operation.

A sad day for me, but at least I have money in the bank, rather than an Antar Legislated off the road, and parked in a shed as a useless lump of iron, the vi9ctim of European legislation.....

Edited by antarmike

Seen in Malaysia

This to me is an odd find....

[ATTACH]31824[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]31823[/ATTACH]

As far as I know the Malaysian Army recently bought Vamtacs. This dont look like a Vamtac, unless it is a different variant and why it is rigged up in desert colours is again odd but its got Army plates. Possibly a trial

Seen in Malaysia

This to me is an odd find....

[ATTACH]31824[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]31823[/ATTACH]

As far as I know the Malaysian Army recently bought Vamtacs. This dont look like a Vamtac, unless it is a different variant and why it is rigged up in desert colours is again odd but its got Army plates. Possibly a trial

Looks very similar to the new Husky manufactured by International and now in use with the British Army in Afghanistan, some obvious differances but looks very similar.

Was at liverpool docks been shipped to the Yanks . Apparently first of many . wasnt able to get any closer as it was been covered up in the shed . Looked like it was built by supacat to me anyone know what it is

spotted.jpg

about half seven tonight , the huey (i think) over Blackpool beach doing passes. Then bit later over st annes beach the Red arrows in formation with the smoke going, very low pass (other half well chuffed , her faves)........

Blackpool airshow.

Isn't that kind of cheating, especially if you were attending.:D

Mike

Edited by mike65
somebody moved the keys on the keyboard

A very unoriginal lightweight, huge tyres, extended eyebrows and an intresting cammo paint job, seen at cobo gsy, also seen a 101 up by whiterock the other day.