Spotted today....

Richard Farrant

Not 'spotted today', and this might not be in the right thread, but I saw this on another website for Hot Rods called 'Rods and Sods' it was in a thread on the Chelsea cruise. I imagine from the 1980's.

Someone might recognise their jeep in the right side of the photo'

Jeff

I would suspect the Jeep was owned by a local resident. RR services were only just down the road during this period of time. At about that time. Jeeps,Champs and series Land Rovers were very popular with the "Chelsea

set"

Quite often see something similar to that ( I know nothing about modern MVs so no idea what it is) trundling around Plymouth under it's own steam. Generally looks like they are just out for a play, only appears when the sun is out...

They're built in Devonport. They test drive the Jackals and Cougars (that's a Cougar) along the streets of Plymouth. :-\

It was taken right at the end of Union St. outside the Union Rooms Pub..

I spend every July in Plymouth (and have done for several years) so i've got pretty accustomed to the 'Grottiness' of Union St. :cry:

As I said the Coyotes and Jackals are built in the Devonport base so, logically, they take them out for road-testing in Plymouth. A few years ago I went on a tour of the base and noticed that another thing they do there is refurbishing trains. Fortunately they AREN'T test-driven on the streets...:-D

Saw one Challenger 2 on a low loader heading north on the M6 by junction 9 yesterday, just by Walsall. It was armed forces day at Walsall FC yesterday as well but I doubt it was heading to that even though they were playing Milwall!!

Saw a nice Jimmy (set7?) on the A27 near Chichester, W Sussex. What was going on as we saw loads of classics out and about in that area?

Martin

I think there was a "do" on at Goodwood.:-D

Alan.