Jump to content


  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited


10 Good
  1. ;-) sorry to say my friend but you are 100% wrong, I'm still serving and used these many many times, definitely current and issued as part of the CES (or they were when the 410 was still in service). If you look on at the brackets on the rear of the FLRT you'll see were they are stowed. I'll stick a years salary on it
  2. The adaptors pictured are from left to right; B type adaptors used to tow Bedford 4 & 8t TM. Apart from being used with the Hollebones to tow they can also used in conjunction with the Bedford adaptor which when fitted to the swivel bar on the boom (under lift) hangs down from the swivel bar and connects to the recovery eye to carry out a suspend tow (Scammell and Foden only). FV430 Series adaptors (as already stated). C type adaptors used to tow Bedford 14t, CVRT etc. As stated they come as a set of 4 typically called A,B,C,D types adaptors. All are on the CES of Scammell Eka, Foden 6x6 Recovery and MAN SVR.
  3. They were a right pain in the backside to fit, you have to lift the fork carriage and block the rams with the sleeves issued on CES to prevent the forks lowering onto the A frame. Fitting the A frame to the recovery eyes was quite fiddly and a tight fit aided by a nylon hammer to get the pins in.
  4. They are 100% definately off the JCB 410M FLRT, they unpin half way down with the ends sliding over the front leg for stowage, also you unpin the towing eye to completely disassemble to stow. I've towed many of these FLRT with this A frame which is part of the CES.
  5. This towing A frame is off the JCB 410M Fork Lift Rough Terrain (FLRT) and was usually towed behind the Bedford TM 8T.
  6. Ok I've now used the 'contact us' option at the bottom of the page a couple of times and got no reply, need to ask advice from somebody from the site, any ideas?
  7. Here you go, as issued to all A vehicles and some B vehicles.
  8. What you have sounds very much like a crew shelter, issued to all Armoured vehicles and some B vehicles.
  9. Apologies if this has been uploaded already and if it's not appropriate I'll delete it. Photo taken from another site.
  10. Power steering check oil level first. Q: WILL DO. WHAT IS THE CORRECT FLUID TO USE PLS? Thanks for the guidance. Dan Correct military equivilent is OM33 but there must be a standard hydraulic oil civi equivilent.
  11. These canvas buckets are still issued to Armoured and wheeled recovery vehicles in the REME. They are used for collecting water to wash down recovery equipment after a task.
  12. Steve, the ropes should've had a loop at the end which feeds through the hole in the drum and then secured with a grub screw, strange they were not.
  13. Nice to see you putting these winches to good use Steve.
  14. The red and yellow palm couplings under the front bumper are for accepting air to release the brakes when being recovered by a service recovery vehicle. The ones on the rear are for trailers. The front palm couplings will only recieve air. If you're worried about inflating the tyre park it against a wall prior to inflating or if this isn't possible put a ratchet strap around it just in case the split rim comes away but I think you'll be ok.
  • Create New...