Spotted today....

Richard Farrant

Just seen a Yellow DUKW on BBC news in London. It was in the background of an outdoor news report, and had been converted into a tour bus type thing. Anyone know anything about it?

The brakes aren't great, one nearly ran me over on the way to the Imax a couple of weeks ago :nut:

Stone

Met this on my way to work this morning . Very tidy looking example out on a test run .

I thought the MOD got rid of all the RB44's, they must still have a few left. You have this one, and I saw an RB44 in BATUS/Cyprus colours on a railway waggon in a siding at Didcot Parkway along with a DAF 4 tonner.

Hi all,

Not exactly an MV...................but on TV advert re Dr Who a Dalek in nato green sporting a Unionjack on its forehead. May be one for budget string armour collectors ?

Ashley

Edited by ashley
spelling

I saw a Foden wrecker today that looked like new and very much sounded like it had an auto box fitted. It never had a Crane, but the rear lift arangement. Two rear axles. AS it was in Thatcham there is a good chance it belongs to the Atomic Weapons Establishment in Aldermarston.

I had a low pass by a howling Tornado today. Not seen much RAF activity around here recently, perhaps it is the fine weather that has brought them out.

We've been suffering a plague of US fighters night and day here for the last few days. F18's? swept wing, v shaped twin tail fin. Not well up on modern stuff, no doubt someone can put me right:D

Edited by Degsy

• 2 weeks later...

Going through Bulford yesterday, no pics unofrtunately, I received the shock of my life when I saw an Antar looking very smart next to some OSHKOSHes followed by a line-up that included a Centurion T55 and Chieftan, this was all part of a detour to check if the Perham Down AVRE was still there, needless to say at the end of the journey I was pleased with the haul!

m0rris

How about this winch?

Its a Ford and the papers say it was manufactured back in 1900 (i dont know if this is true)

Anyway when i went by to ask for a price, the whole cloudy sky fell on me. Way way way overprised. anyway i thought a photo might be interesting.

Ford Winch 1900.jpg

Scammell Explorer wrecker on the back of a yellow low loader heading anticlockwise round the M25 at J8.

I only had a fleeting glance as I was going clockwise, appeared to be fully restored in olive drab, very nice.

Regards rog8811

Edited by rog8811