D-Day snub to Queen

Jack

This is what the Express has to say, could be that Sarko is not so much to blame perhaps..

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/104462/EXCLUSIVE-Brown-to-be-grilled-over-D-Day-fiasco-

An interesting theory they put forwards - that Brown deliberately "sat" on the Queens invitation in order to garner the brownie points of being photographed with Sarkozy and Obama.....

More and more the phrase "Treasonous activities" springs to mind - just imagine what H.M. Queen Elizabeth 1 would have made of Brown!! :):)

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More and more the phrase "Treasonous activities" springs to mind - just imagine what H.M. Queen Elizabeth 1 would have made of Brown!! :):)

At least part of him would have been used as an ornament over London Bridge I would think..

Stephano which end! You know why he whistles so much? So he knows which end he is speacking out of.

This from Phil P just abouts sorts it!

In Gordon Browns home town it has been suggested that they should erect a statue to him. Discussions have been held on it's siting. They thought at first that they erect it next to the one of David LLoyd George MP but he never told the truth. The second thought was that it should be next to the one of George Washington but he never told a lie. It has been decided to erect it next to the one of Columbus for the following reasons:

When he set off he didn't know where he was going.

When he got there he didn't know where he was.

When he returned he didn't know where he had been.

He spent other peoples money doing it!

Edited by Tony B

If Gordon Brown is going, whats going to be on his expenses sheet?

I`m glad they call him prime minister, to call him a leader implies that someone, somewhere will follow him.

Wherever you go to remember the greatest invasion of all time, the only people that count are the veterans, there story told in blood and tears didn`t need a spin doctor.

They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old

Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn

At the going down of the sun and in the morning

We will remember them.

WE WILL REMEMBER THEM

When you go from here tell them of us and say

For your tomorrow we gave our today.

Respectfully

Dave

Here's a thought...

Take one of the few Landing ships left, fill it with the politicians and their spin merchants then simulate a landing under "live fire". The ones that get off the beach with no brown stains in the nether regions get to keep their jobs the rest get demoted to civilians, conscripted into the army and sent out to Afghanistan!!

That would sort the men from the boys.... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Getting back on topic!!

Now there is a general back lash of public opinion about the Queen not attending, they (the politicians) are starting to worry and are sending out the invites, this story is about Sarkozy asking Prince Charles to attend, with agreement of the Queen but here is an interesting paragraph:_

"Some British veterans, who took part in the 1944 invasion that helped to defeat Hitler's Germany, will also play a part in a number of events planned on 6 June."

You would really really hope so!

Full story here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/8079288.stm

Edited by Adam Elsdon
Because i say what i like and like what i say!

It Just gets better! this is from a BBC news article, It seems the government now wanted to handover lottery money to get our veterans to Normandy, only a few short weeks before the event:

Downing Street tacitly admitted ministers had misjudged the public mood in refusing to help.

But i love the response!

Peter Hodge, honorary general secretary of the Normandy Veterans Association, told BBC News: 'There is no way in the world I am going to agree with the National Lottery standing up and saying they sent our veterans to Normandy in the 65th anniversary. 'The people of this country have put the money together and the veterans this year will be going to Normandy with the blessing and the appreciation of the British people and there is no way, that 10 weeks before the kick-off, that they are going to take the credit for this.'

Bloody Brilliant!!! :yay::yay::yay:

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)
If you have seen the coverage from the D-Day memorial at Arromanches, it was all pretty sombre and then came 2 spitfires and the Lancaster from the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight, big cheers and smiles from the old boys........enough said!

Just as well something cheered them up.i love the way they called it the town square,its a ruddy car park.i felt sorry for them standing in the rain allmost no seats.its about time a proper area was prepared with basic facilities.The polos talked the talk about how gratefull they all were etc,etc but they were still standing in the rain.Best bit was when Gordon got booed before his speach.hope he knows where his p45 is.gonna need it.These brave lads deserved better ,i felt uncomfortable watching that particular service,i didnt feel in my heart it was sincere.Just my opinion.CW.

Having been ther with the Air Cadets felt the support by the govenment for teh Veets was a discrace. Was funny to see Brown get booed at the event aand evan saw vets blowing Raspreies at him at the time. The press seem to have done what they always do and take what went off out of context. Glad the Americans didnt come to Arromanches. If it was not for teh British and commonwelth troops they would have had got no where. I over heard one of teh vets mention when looking at a group of American reinactors that as usual the Yanks where late by 65 years!!!!! This was said with a smile.Meeting these guys was a great honor.

Watched it on BBC1 and was so disgusted, I couldn't post on the subject at the time as my comments would have had me banned.:sweat:As Agripper says the commentators obviously hadn't done their homework and didn't realise the significance of the booing or perhaps they had been gagged. The vets also made their feelings known with the 'Why are we waiting' singing but showed their true colours by standing firm through everything, my admiration for them has no bounds.:clap::clap::clap:

Watched it on BBC1 and was so disgusted, I couldn't post on the subject at the time as my comments would have had me banned.:sweat:As Agripper says the commentators obviously hadn't done their homework and didn't realise the significance of the booing or perhaps they had been gagged. The vets also made their feelings known with the 'Why are we waiting' singing but showed their true colours by standing firm through everything, my admiration for them has no bounds.:clap::clap::clap:

You too?? Nice to know I wasn 't alone then....

I was there , and was amazed about the Gendarmerie , they were brought in from all over France and didn`t have a clue what they were doing , only thing the could say was :you are not allowed any further . Vets and visitors were stuck behind the fences , and they wouldn`allow anybody through. Luckyly there was a brave British Officer who yelled at the police and told them to open the barriers otherwise people would be crushed , non was the reply , then he looked him in the eyes and shouted open them now ? then he pulled the fence himself away .

same on the roads they were sending people into all directions because they never in their life had been in Normandy.