HMVF on Mobile (iPhone / Android)

Joris

Hi All,

I've installed Tapatalk support on the forum, it's an application for iPhone and Android phones that will allow you to read the forum very easily on your mobile. There is a read only version which is free and a full version which cost $2.99, you can find it in iTunes and the Android Market (or google Play as it's now called).

Check out http://www.tapatalk.com for more information!

Some more info:

Tapatalk is a mobile forum app for iPhone / Android and soon to be on Blackberry and Nokia.

Tapatalk supports all the usual forum functions plus full screen image viewing, image upload, caching (less reload), private messaging, all these features are accessible in just a few simple taps.

Tapatalk for iPhone:

Showing New and Unread Posts:

IMG_0036.png

Full Thread Viewing and Pagination Support:

IMG_0037.png

See Who's Online:

IMG_0038.png

Reply to Post and Image Upload:

IMG_0041.png

Some of the large forums activated Tapatalk support

IMG_0042.png

Tapatalk for Android

Total Android Look and Feel

main.png

Same feature set as iPhone:

threadmenu.png

Quickly Reply to a conversation:

thread_bottom_menu.png

Latest and Unread Posts indicator and multi-tabs support:

latest-v.png

Full screen image support - support landscape mode also

imageview.png

Check out http://www.tapatalk.com for more information!

Edited by Joris

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Joris,

I installed the full version and this will be handy replying to posts when out & about, especially for the show in June that I'm organising. Even the pictures & pdfs look great.

That really is leading the way.

thanks

Paul

Its bad enough when someone texts me, let alone all that :undecided:.......I just want to use a phone to talk to people :-D

Android ????.....is that what you get from sitting in front of a computor for too long ?

No thats "Hemadroids":-D

Alan.:cellphone:

• 6 months later...

To me it's the interface which is very easy to use and it reads a lot easier without having to scroll around all the time.

But it's a personal choice. For iphone there is a free version too that allows you to read but not to post. So you can try before you buy.

. For iphone there is a free version too that allows you to read but not to post. So you can try before you buy.

Not able to try first with HTC Android. Feedback is split 50-50. Some very strong views for & against. I think I'll hold off for a while & get my speed up on this phone.

Do any forums have a logo to indicate they use this system?

Its bad enough when someone texts me, let alone all that :undecided:.......I just want to use a phone to talk to people :-D

Android ????.....is that what you get from sitting in front of a computor for too long ?

No thats "Hemadroids":-D

Alan.:cellphone:

So moving on a bit if your new phone does not work very well does that make it a " Paranoid Android " so if you have a dodgy phone you can say its a "Marvin"

:cool2::cool2:

My view? I hate it.

The forum works perfectly well on my (Android) phone using the web browser - except now it gives me a popup alert box to dismiss on EVERY PAGE saying 'This forum is Tapatalk Native!!!!11!1! :D :nut:!!!!". Which makes it too frustrating to use, especially when they're only notifying you in the hope you'll give them money!

So I'll only be posting from my desktop until it goes or I find a workaround to turn it off. Could you at least add a 'don't mention the Tapatalk thing' option to the UCP? It would be fine if it was something your cookie could disable.

Stone

When surfing on the android I do find some sites have a slightly different structure specially for mobiles. From what I can work out many image based things only download on command & some things don't download at all.

I notice on youtube there are far more clips available on the main PC than on the phone. You get directed to a special mobile version of youtube. But some do show up listed on the phone but are not available for mobile download, like my twp Pig clips:(

I suppose a page can load quicker with less imagery appearing automatically. Although not an issue with wifi but if you are on the phone network then all these images, unless you specifically want to download them, would eat quickly into you monthly allowance.

But the main reason I got this android (HTC Desire) was to use it as a reference source. Apart from representative photo album of favourite vehicles, it is the pdf viewer that is really useful.

I have just loaded into the phone the complete Humber 1-Ton parts book & catalogues of the books & EMERs I have. This is about 4,000 titles & saves carrying around a rather heavy A4 binder. So tomorrow the Wolf parts book goes on:D

Here's a tip for you then;

In 'Internet' hit the 'Menu' button, then 'More', then scroll down and hit 'Settings'. Untick 'Mobile View' and you have the desktop version of all those sites, on your phone :D

Stone

Stone ok I was able to do that, but I couldn't find my Pig clips at all. For the moment I've put it back to the mobile view mode as I think it helps minimise download costs when using it on the phone network & I have had a more important problem.

Had a setback with Android applications. After lunch & into the evening I lost my phone signal & unable to access any of the three local repeaters that I can get in different places around the house & garden. I was just getting "restricted service, emergency calls only"

I have a 'pay as you go' on the same network & that was working. I thought maybe a direct debit had failed & I had been cut off for non-payment. But it wasn't that.

Then I remembered I downloaded three very basic applications after lunch:

Ruler Green

'Analog' Compass

Note Pad (Andro Apps)

They all worked fine, but I suspected one of these or the combination of these had shut down access to the phone network. I uninstalled them all. Then shut the phone down & this took about 5 minutes. I waited a few minutes & started up & my phone is now working.

I now realise I should have just downloaded one application & saw how I got on with that. Then another day do another download. These all seem small & simple applications. I avoid installing things that want access to the phone & private data eg one scientific calculator wants access to all sorts of things that seem dubious.

Given there are so many applications in the Android market, it seems just anybody can put up stuff for the unwitting to download.:(

I still have my approx 7 year old rubber nokia 5210??builders phone, no camera,non hemeroid & glad to report no hmvf probs because my phoone can just about handle txt,, I had a blueberry for a few weeks untill I found out they don't bounce :shocked:

Now whenever I come onto the forum with the phone I get an annoying message telling me that the forum is Android enabled.

It wants to take me to a link to purchase tapatalk. I get fed up with this. Is this something enabled by the forum or my phone doing it? If all else fails I suppose I could set this as stone suggested & view not as a mobile.