Bunker Bash 2009 Living History & MV Show

Marmite!!

Looks like I'll have pretty crap journey on Friday inc a lumpy crossing! Should be there around 19.30. Just need to cure my oil pump leak and retune the engine in the 101 first, nothing like leaving it to the last minute.

Neil, I got your night vision stuff off Robin. Ended up with a shopping list off a couple of the lads at the Curragh show as well (inc a pre 79 109 FFR if anyone has one for sale!)

Thanks Sean!! How much do I need to hand over to you for this??

I've got Robins OT aerial here for him - will put it in the car with the rest of the kit on Friday.

Funny you should mention a pre-79 FFR - I was thinking of selling mine, an early '74 Series 3 model (55 FM 58). Apparently one of the first series 3's into service so I've been told.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's between you and Robin, no mention of dosh, I'm just taking an aerial back!

I'll chat to you about the 109. Hoping to get one locally but they have funny ideas about value here, looked at a messed around late 70s GS that was claimed to be Irish army but blatently messed up British and they wanted 3k for it!! Yard in Belfast has several dooer uppers for £6-800.

Sorry, probably should be a private conversation elsewhere but all offers of 109 FFRs for realistic prices will be discussed over a beer or two! Guy who wants it is selling his DAF YA 126 and I've covinced him he needs an FFR! He is a serious enthusiast (hobby is researching and publishing about Irish solldiers killed in WW1)

Weather update. No Rain. Here's hoping.

Hi Cripp -

Where are you getting your weather reports mate?

I use Gov Met (as used by pilots) so pretty reliable.

It says it's going to chuck it down Wed, Thur, Fri.

We shall see - but I suggest you bring your wellies.

Markheliops

thats what it says on your can mate in the back, i only read what it says?

Weird!! Then that is possibly what is in every hydraulic system on th vehicle.

Unless the yellow "Tellus" container actually was ISO-10. Think RR dumped that one so no way of knowing...... I seem to recall it was like smelly water.... :??? :??? :???

Hi Cripp -

Where are you getting your weather reports mate?

I use Gov Met (as used by pilots) so pretty reliable.

It says it's going to chuck it down Wed, Thur, Fri.

We shall see - but I suggest you bring your wellies.

Markheliops

I use metcheck. Seems fairly accurate. It's now showing dry Wed, rain Thu/fri with a break in the afternoon. rain Sat dry Sun. I hope it's wrong and we get sun.

well i will be arriving about 2am friday morning now as work has come up again the night beforefinishing at midnight so if anyone is arround then put a cold bud on ice for me

Dont know about a cold bud Dave, that time of the morning you might need a hot brew. Have to see if i can set Lee's alarm clock :-D be a nice supprise for him. I will be the one snoring.

ian i know on the map that roger had weve got position 21 main entrance if you can put a flag where the 12x12 is going then when i get there i will be quiet and try to sort things out without disturbing anyone hopefully and then see you in the morning with a nice coffee with two sugars as will be in the office(back of landrover)

or if i can get the guvoner to approve as i have to pick up at heathrow late evening i will come round with the coach in the afternoon and drop the 12x12 off first

ian i know on the map that roger had weve got position 21 main entrance if you can put a flag where the 12x12 is going then when i get there i will be quiet and try to sort things out without disturbing anyone hopefully and then see you in the morning with a nice coffee with two sugars as will be in the office(back of landrover)

or if i can get the guvoner to approve as i have to pick up at heathrow late evening i will come round with the coach in the afternoon and drop the 12x12 off first

Hi Dave,

The tent will be just inside the checking in point, on the left as you look into the gate entrance. I will put a sign there "RMP 12 x 12".

Any problems feel free to wake LEE up :-D, see you there.

Looks like I'll be beat the MMVG there despite distance travelled, they are turning up early Saturday.

My son is turning up on Friday evening to meet me and stay the weekend, forgot to book his car in (Black Nova GF06TFO)

Looking forward to this a lot even is weather is a bit manky, just have to shelter in the bar!

Oh... bugger :(

Current weather forecast...

Thursday - Heavy Rain Showers - Max: 19°C 66°F

Friday - Heavy Rain - Max: 17°C 63°F

Saturday - Light Rain - Max: 17°C 63°F

Sunday - Heavy Rain - Max: 16°C 61°F

Weather's gonna be crap, in other words :(

Don't suppose there is anyone going down from Yorkshire anytime after work on Friday, back before Monday morning :)

Will contribute costs etc. Can lend some GPMG's for a display if it helps. Would like to see this one but don't have the transport down there this time.