Bunker Bash 2009 Living History & MV Show

Marmite!!

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just come back to check my my messages & then back to the Bunker to stay until after the show...:sweat:

The first MV's (& Fire Engine) arrived at the Bunker today & set up camp... won't mention which 6 wheeled amphibious vehicle broke down & blocked the entrance:coffee:

So then - who is and how is my hair going to be cut?? Mrs Beckett needs to know!

I think we should do a raffle £2.00 a ticket which goes to "Once more onto the beach" and the lucky winner gets to shave Jacks head. We have hair clipper and shears (last used on the sheep). This can all be done by the beer tent saturday evening after the winner has had 4 or 5 pints.

Your thoughts please, that dosen't include yours Jack you just need to start praying.

i wonder if jack will do a sampson and lose all his strength

I hope he doesn't lose any more strength David - he won't be able to tighten his wheel nuts properly!!

Oh, hang on a minute..................

Just come back to check my my messages & then back to the Bunker to stay until after the show...:sweat:

The first MV's (& Fire Engine) arrived at the Bunker today & set up camp... won't mention which 6 wheeled amphibious vehicle broke down & blocked the entrance:coffee:

Don't think little Maud likes the Bunker Bash!! :) Could be because young Lee isn't nice to her!!!! :rofl:

In 2007 she shed a fan belt enroute with consequent over heating issues.

This year as we approached Brentwood town centre we suddenly had a 20 A/Hr discharge showing on the ammeter, weird fluctuations in the oil pressure (would drop to almost zero when lifting off the throttle then resume it's normal 25 to 28 psi reading) and I think I have a leak in one of the steering hoses as everything went very stiff as we turned into the bunker entrance and the reservoir dipstick isn't reading at all. On the positive side she didn't actually break down in the entrance, I was so busy trying to turn the wheel I stalled her - and then she wouldn't restart showing all the signs of dead batteries!! Tightening all the battery clamps seems to have cured that little issue but I admit to having no idea why I should be getting a discharge on the ammeter or the odd O/P readings. Yet. :)

Need to get a drum of ISO-32 hydraulic oil ( the civvy eq. of OM-13) this week to top up the steering hydraulics then see where we are leaking from!!

Apart from this it was a really nice drive out to the bunker today!!! Stalwart and Saracen plus Stan's RL are now in position and the tentage is all up. Just got to rig the cam nets on Friday and it's job done!!! :)

Hi all.

Been looking at the weather forecast for the week - oh dear!!!

Well I was going to leave Thursday / Friday but after conferring with Lee, I'm going to plod down tomorrow(Tuesday).

I have taken annual leave for the Bash and as the truck is ready and waiting, it seems pointless waiting around until Thursday for the heavens to open up. May as well make my way down in the sunshine. Once the tent is up and I'm settled, it can pee down as much as it likes - except for the show weekend of course.

Anyways - see you there.

Markheliops

I've been watching the reports, looks to be dry untill Sunday afternoon at the show.

Looks like rain where I am on Friday though. :cry: Maybe I'll dry out by the time I arrive.

You mean ISO-10

:??? - Stuart said ISO-32.......

Edit:

Just found this after a quick dig: http://hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/showthread.php?t=9292&highlight=OM13&page=4

ISO-10 it is then...... Now to find a source I can either collect from or who will deliver before the weekend!! :)

Edited by ArtistsRifles

Looks like I'll have pretty crap journey on Friday inc a lumpy crossing! Should be there around 19.30. Just need to cure my oil pump leak and retune the engine in the 101 first, nothing like leaving it to the last minute.

Neil, I got your night vision stuff off Robin. Ended up with a shopping list off a couple of the lads at the Curragh show as well (inc a pre 79 109 FFR if anyone has one for sale!)