Fiat 15 ter lorry

Rlangham

• 1 year later...

The Fiat 18BL has the same parts including the clutch,fan flywheel and under motor cowling. It's amazing to think that wet clutches were around 100 years ago and were reliable. The 18BL saw service in the Italian military up till the start of WW2 during that time they were upgraded to pneumatic tyres but in other respects were the same as when they started production in 1914.

• 2 months later...

There is a plug hole just visible in the clutch outer casting in the last picture. I don't know how much oil is required to be in the clutch. Maybe the hole needs to be at the 8 o'clock position and filled until the oil/paraffin mixture runs out. Jaroslav or Richard would no doubt have the answer.

• 3 weeks later...

A picture of the individual clutch plates which are 'sandwiched' together to form the clutch pack. One plate engages the outer drum and the next plate engages the inner hub. The total number of individual plates is closer to 50 making up the complete pack with 24 or 25 of each type.

image_zpsc4cec17a.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 8 years later...
On 8/15/2008 at 1:31 PM, Great War truck said:

There are two more of these in unrestored condition living in Surrey. As i have said before with these things, i should have bought them when i had the chance.

Tim (too)

Hi guys I want to buy a rolling chassis of Fiat 15 ter or 18. Does anyone know of one for sale? Mario@RoamWine.com

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
23 hours ago, pyw304 said:

That's quite the frost crack...

Jarrod.

Not a frost crack, but according to the caption, the engine has been deadly wounded by a grenade ("motore ferito mortalmente da una granata wernica"). Don't know what "wernica" means however...

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi @Nikitas

Thanks for the photos. That does look nice and complete.

A translation into English with acknowledgement to your website, and another couple of photos:

Ιστορικά στοιχεία: Η παραγωγή του οχήματος διήρκεσε από το 1913 έως το 1922 και έμεινε σε υπηρεσία έως και το 1940. Ο Ελληνικός στρατός χρησιμοποιούσε άγνωστο αριθμό από αυτά, μάλλον από την περίοδο της Μικρασιατικής εκστρατείας. Πιθανός μερικά να υπήρχαν σε υπηρεσία έως τα τέλη της δεκαετίας του ’30. Πρέπει να χρησιμοποιήθηκαν σε δύο διαφορετικούς τύπους, φορτηγό και ασθενοφόρο.

Historical facts: Production of the vehicle lasted from 1913 to 1922 and remained in service until 1940. The Greek army used an unknown number of them, probably from the period of the Asia Minor campaign. It is possible that some were in service until the late 1930s. They must have been used in two different types, a truck and an ambulance.

fiat15ter

fiat15ter-1

I'm not in a position to take this on (I wish I were!), but I hope I've helped, and wish you the best of luck with the sale.

Best Regards,

Adrian

• 2 months later...