Military Fodens

When are they due for disposal?? i want one :) or more so the 8x6 drops foden or scammell

Witham had one of the fodens for sale a while back. It was a runner but incomplete. Some of the hydraulics had been removed and most of the recovery gear was absent. Even in that state they were asking nearly 2ok for it if my memory serves me correctly.

I was interested but wanted to hang on for a Crusader. My patience finally paid off!!

As for the 8X6 DROPS

Witham currently have a Leyland Daf 8 x 6 in direct sales and were selling a couple of Fodens in the most recent Tender Auction. They may not have sold so might be worth a call to Graham up there to see what is left.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have managed to obtain a copy fault diagnosis and repair instructions, for The 6x6 Gun Tractor/Limber, which includes instructions for adjusting the clutch/clutch stop, as well as lots of other usefull stuff for anyone who has a Foden 9 speed under their bum! :sweat:

Should this be of interest to any members, please let me know and I will pass it on.

Saw this 6X6 recker yesterday morning heading towards Catterick Garison see these quite often , the ones to look out for is the big oshcosh ( spelt wrong ) , Did the millitary use the smaller cabed fodens , think they nicknamed them mickey mouse cabs ,, During the 80's northridding garages ( part of tilcon quarry group? ) used to have a contract refurbing the fodens and remember the bronze diff wheels that they used to change ,, the diff oil used to come out like mustard ,, also remember a foden recker that was waiting for a cab because soldiers had thrown camo netting over it , it caught fire :nono: i was driving so these pics not so great , the one getting a lift was a leyland ,,

silverbusplusyouthsdadsbuspics107.jpg

silverbusplusyouthsdadsbuspics106.jpg

silverbusplusyouthsdadsbuspics103.jpg