Military Fodens

Had one of our Fodens bringing a MJ in on suspended tow to us at Gornji Vakuf when he missed the bridge just out side the base and started going over the edge, told his co driver to jump which he did, hurting himself when he landed.

Anyway, Foden and MJ headed down the bank into the river where it came to rest all upright and the driver still in the seat, so he engaged diff locks and casually drove up the opposite bank and back onto the road!

Co driver not a happy man!

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We modified one to get amunition into Sarejevo, you wouldn't have known at first glance but a more carefull look you would have seen the extra "air tanks" above the fuel tank and an extra "hydraulic" tank on the side locker complete with guage set at 3/4 full!

Very convincing!

Got some more pics that I can dig out, LR 110 that took an RPG that three Royal Marines walked away from plus a few others.

We modified one to get amunition into Sarejevo, you wouldn't have known at first glance but a more carefull look you would have seen the extra "air tanks" above the fuel tank and an extra "hydraulic" tank on the side locker complete with guage set at 3/4 full!

Very convincing!

Got some more pics that I can dig out, LR 110 that took an RPG that three Royal Marines walked away from plus a few others.

I have a photo of this one somewhere, I'll dig it and put it on here.

And some more, first and second photos have just had new engines, prop shaft still to go on the second one.

Third photo is Foden at work, well you can just see it in the back ground!

Last photo is the L/R that took the RPG.

File0006.jpg

File0023.jpg

File0024.jpg

File0005.jpg

Just signed up and have been reading this thread. As ex-RCT I have some pictures that I will post on different topics, in due course, if thats ok? Regards Foden's here is a 1 ADTR TTF that went for a swim, in Germany. I can't remember the full story but it was around 1984/85, basically the handbrake "failed" and the truck ended up in the river fully loaded with 12,000 litres of diesel. Following recovery, which caused a lot of the damage to the truck, it was ultimately rebuilt, although I can't be certain of this. I apoligise for the pictures as this was camera technology 25 years ago!

Andy

Foden 2 5x7.JPG

Foden 1 5x7.JPG

Foden 3 5x7.JPG

I know a recovery mechanic who was there and was involved in it's recovery, I've watched a very poor quality grainy video of the job, if I remember correctly after turning over a couple of times while being winched out it finally appeared out of the water on it's wheels (with the obvious damage)

Foden drops now lives at Stoke Albany any good vm electricians bored and what to earn a shilling or two.:-D:-\:):laugh::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

hope to be out this season to play.

Well done , hope you have fun with the new toy mate ! Look forward to some pictures when you get a minute !:-D

Foden drops now lives at Stoke Albany any good vm electricians bored and what to earn a shilling or two.:-D:-\:):laugh::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

hope to be out this season to play.

Congrats on your your fine purchase, I look forward to meeting you and seeing your Drops repaired.

When I saw it, it looked to need a engine out, a rear prop, the electrics sorted, ect

have you found anything else up with it?

Hi heres some pictures of a FH70 that made it in ti civvy street. The crane is EX leyland Martian we fabricated the legs bodywork and underlift in our workshops. It worked very hard for us for 7years all in all very nice truck. we sold it last year and is working hard up in the North of Scotland

BR567-2560a.jpg

2006_1103STAINTON10009.jpg

Re bogged Foden

Foden had recovered 20 ton digger out of pond 400ft down hill side. What you cant see is it is lying sideways at about 30 degree angle. When hauling in slack rope after recovery we hadnot spotted was that winch rope had a broken strand and had created a right bird cage mess on fairlead. We returned following day drove digger in front of foden and hung on to high side engaged diff locks and drove out picture os scene when first arrived

colt 014.jpg

2006_1103STAINTON10001.jpg