Military Fodens

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why has Antar Mike got a thing about me breaking things? What have I ever done to you? Pity you can't get your facts straight, and when Red Dragon 'broke' the last time, I wasn't even driving it. It was some MAN! I do not break lorries, but I must admit I do have a few problems with them, but don't we all, I seem to remember hearing about a clutch that went on an Antar, did YOU BREAK that?

Yes, Anita, In one sense I probably did break the clutch. I was towing 100 tons when it started to play up, but it had been used regularly by the previous user to tow 470 ton loads over a 14 year period, so there is some mitigation....I bought the Antar with the clutch out of adjustment, and not driving. By readjusting the clutch, I got drive for 50 miles then it went again. I readjusted the clutch and squeezed a further 9 years use out of it when it was already pretty well shot.

By driving home at 68 tons gross I was pushing my luck. My luck ran out.

I don't think I did bad to keep a knack'd clucth going 10 years and pulling at times 140 tons gross.

Edited by antarmike

Anita Holland, sorry, i should have known I suppose. though I have never been told, You were not kicked out of diesel heavy haulage for being a military vehicle. Had you applied I would have concidered your application, but you chose not to apply, and for that reason I assumed you had lost interest in the Foden. If this is wrong, I appologise.

The decision to join the Ex Military section at GDSF with you SnowTrac, rather than to apply to the DHH section was entirely your choice.

You were certainly not kicked out "for being military".

I have been section leader/ deputy section leader for 10 years, and I do know the history of who applied for the section, and who, through lack of space, had to be refused.

Although last year, I did not make the final decision of who should be in the section, As deputy,I was in close contact with the now resigned Section Leader. He gave me no reason to believe that you had either applied or were refused admission to DHH.

Edited by antarmike

Whats the Draig Goch got to do with it:confused:

Alright Degsy, I'll give you something to be going on with.

Long, long ago in a forgotten time, Mum Cartwons did keep a wild and wondrous beastie by the name of Draig Goch that lived in a cavernous lair hidden deep in the dark, mist shrouded, primaeval mountains of Wales just off the B4577.

That's it Degsy. That's all you're getting until Mum Cartwons reveals more.

Edited by 6 X 6

I seem to remember hearing about a clutch that went on an Antar, did YOU BREAK that?

Going back off topic, and continuing in the childish vein...

The Antar clutch is a wearing part of the vehicle. its replacement from time to time is to be expected. In my opinion a worn out clutch should not be viewed as "broken", it is normal wear and tear, and clutch replacement is a normal expected operation.

The Antar had been tramped to every airfield in Britain, many times, been all over Holland and Germany, Malta, Gibraltar, Cyprus, Antigua etc. It is a high milage vehicle that on runway testing was always at 100 tons+ gross for 30 years. The clutch had been much abused when in the "care" of the B.R.E. Cardington. Not all the blame for its demise lies with me.

Now con rods through the side of the block... that probably is better thought as as "broken" since it is not normally expected to happen....although I do sympathise with your misfortunes...

However I do realise we are off topic. If you wish to go further into any points I have raised, feel free to send a personal message. I have no intention of things between us getting out of hand. The discussion is probably better carried out away from the public gaze.

Edited by antarmike

Alright Degsy, I'll give you something to be going on with.

Long, long ago in a forgotten time, Mum Cartwons did keep a wild and wondrous beastie by the name of Draig Goch that lived in a cavernous lair hidden deep in the dark, mist shrouded, primaeval mountains of Wales just off the B4577.

That's it Degsy. That's all you're getting until Mum Cartwons reveals more.

Look forward to that.

Now I am getting confused. Is Draig Goch "Red Dragon".

I thought Anita had given Red Dragon to Roger Packer and Steve Guest, and they now jointly owned it. This I understood was in payment for work they had done for her. (including changeing/repairing the Foden Auxiliary gearbox.)

But now I hear Anita has offered Red Dragon Recently for sale to Dave Mobbs.

I am confused.

Maybe Anita can enlighten us as to what is going on.

Have I got the wrong end of the stick here?

I like to know who owns what.

Edited by antarmike

Sorry, I started all this by calling the Red Dragon Draig Gosh so as not to make Degsy feel racially disadvantaged.

Anyway, here's a picture from the Constructor thread showing the Red Dragon/Draig Gosh shortly after it had been disabled by a tranquilizer dart fired by Ministry of Transport marksmen. It's being towed by someone who claims to be militantgraham.

miltowingscam.jpg

Why has Antar Mike got a thing about me breaking things? What have I ever done to you? Pity you can't get your facts straight

Don’t worry Mum, its not just you, Mike likes to pick an argument and drag a thread totally off subject with lots of people on here, there again it can be quite amusing at times, if there is nothing else on the telly.

What have I ever done to you?

Seeing as you asked the question, I suppose an answer can't be deemed as being "off subject" can it?

Anita, do you remember what you told me to do with myself, when you were asked politely to move your Foden, so I could park my Antar next to my living van, GDSF 2006?

To remind you, it involved Sex and was biologically impossible...If you can't remember I will send you your words to me in a personal message...An apology would be very wecome...

I have nothing else to say about this subject. If you want to talk, let us do it through personal Messages.

But whatever sour taste this has left in my mouth, I posted the comments I made because I thought they were a correct analasis of the situation, There was no malice intended in my posts. Neither was I "picking an arguement"

Edited by antarmike

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
And what do we know about this beast, one of the early prototypes for the recovery contract. This one has many different features to the truck that won the contract the most obvious here are the longer wheel base, larger cab and the recovery unit which is by the looks of it a underlift and a body similar to the Scammell Crusader

This Foden now resides at the vehicle museum at Bordon (SEME)