Military Fodens

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats on your your fine purchase, I look forward to meeting you and seeing your Drops repaired.

When I saw it, it looked to need a engine out, a rear prop, the electrics sorted, ect

have you found anything else up with it?

Few small bits, have diesel tank, have prop, have brand :cheesy:new engine to drop in, just need good VM /Electrician?

work starts this weekend.

If passing call in, bring some spanners !! :-D

Few small bits, have diesel tank, have prop, have brand :cheesy:new engine to drop in, just need good VM /Electrician?

work starts this weekend.

If passing call in, bring some spanners !! :-D

Joe, do they use a Rolls 305 like the S26/Crusader or is it a later engine?

Andy,

333 Foden recovery vehicles were purchased. I have never heard of any other countries using them.

Beat me to it, apparently the RAF had a few. and the only known foreign forces to use Foden were the Bosnians who stole one, but apparently couldn't get the recovery kit to work and it was eventually recovered by British Forces. Not sure if this was a myth but it did the round a few years back, always made me smile.

Withan Tender auction listings now up

4 X Foden 6 x 6 recovery listed, no details, no pictures as yet. Guide Price 15K which may say quite alot about condition.

Rumour has it that it is possible there will be ten or more arriving shortly. Condition unknown but expecting a large percentage to be non runners / damaged / stripped.

Anyone know what become of the Foden wrecker that used to belong to Frodsham Motors of Morcombelake, Dorset. Frodsham Motors had the well-known Scammell Constructor that was always parked in the yard, but the Foden was always kept in the workshop under cover.

I am sure I read somewhere that it was a protoype, and have often wondered what became of it when Frodsham Motors closed.