Landrover Gallery.

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it's not military however it's my beloved LR90, it's towing my just bought (well given for free to be precise) 84 Can-AM 250cc :-D Hopefully will be fully restored and on the road by summer.

I am really looking to get hold of a good 101 and or lightweight, when money permits... :( If ihad the money i would buy right now, not many sellers like the thought of me paying a bit at a time, heh :-D

Jon

Image040.jpg

Image209.jpg

Image214.jpg

• 1 month later...

107" wb

Contract No. 6/V/28020

Asset Code 1146-0758

but recoded as 1150-0758

The badge would be red with trident & edging in yellow

About the right era as a control vehicle for Blue Water but the badging doesn't match for that role.

Edited by fv1609

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)

Thanks chaps,no it isnt Marks,but its the only known picture in service so far,i was interested in div signs etc,also what is on the passenger door.Whats wrapped on front bumper.it must of been in service for a long while the tyres didnt come out till about 67 i think i may be wrong.

Thanks chaps,no it isnt Marks,but its the only known picture in service so far,i was interested in div signs etc,also what is on the passenger door.Whats wrapped on front bumper.it must of been in service for a long while the tyres didnt come out till about 67 i think i may be wrong.

CW,

As I said, the trident sign is 44th (Home Counties) Division, cannot pin down the 45 sign, but think it may be a red background so possibly a Infantry Regt.

The word on the door would seem to be "Albuhera".........this fits, as it is a battle honour for the Middlesex Regt, who were in the 44th Div. Problem is, the badge on the grille, nearest I can find is the Lancastrian Brigade, which does not fit with the rest. I think it is a rose in the centre of the badge, which points to Lancs or Yorks depending on colour.

Bit of a Shorland look about it.

Yes I know what you mean. The very first prototype had vertical armour at the sides & a very obvious slatted radiator cover. Yes CW it is for the desert, although the colour is a bit of a give away.

This looks a bit of a boy racer fantasy machine but is in fact a "4x4 Desert Patrol" from the "Skirmisher" range from Hotspur which is part of the Penman Group.