Antar Gallery

Hi John, Paul and everyone else who know us,

A happy New Year to you all.

Unfortunately, I can't add to that one. I was contacted "out of the blue" by a well-wisher, who said that there was an Antar in Rush Green as he had been a regular visitor over the years. I wrote to them via e-mail and got a one word reply "sold". Explaining the situation, I wrote again asking to call to get a shot of it and, of course, received no reply.Would be happy to hear from anyone who has access to the yard, as would like to know which one it is/was....

We do however have a shot of it taken earlier!

Best wishes,

Mike.

Hi John, Colin and Ed,

You will soon be able to read all about every Antar that’s around, then you can take your pick Ed!

“The book” is almost finished.

Don’t suppose you have a still photograph of it at the Tunnel, Ed, please?

Best wishes, and a happy Christmas to all,

Mike.

Hi MIke

I have quite a few. I was going to post some here (just not had a chance), but send me a pm with your email (again, sorry) and I will mail them to you.

Best Wishes for the New Year, look forward to seeing the book!!

PS Rush Green told me there's was gone...but not so sure.

Why have I got it into my head that the Rush Green one is in fact the one I did for Leconfield? I could be wrong though...

Paul, you are both right and wrong, the one you did for Leconfield was from Rush Green but not the last one.

A few years ago Alan Buckingham of Hinkley tried to by 12DM60 off me when I owned it, when we agreed it was not for sale at the time I told him of the 3 Mk3's residing in Rush Green, the very next day he went and bought 2 of them, one of which he restored to a very fine condition, the other was used for "spares" but never got restored. Alan very suddenly had some health problems and decided to dispose of the majority of his large vehicles. The 2 Antars were sold to a well known dealer in that area and subsequently both passed to an owner in Norfolk. The unrestored one eventually found its way to you and became the Leconfield gate guardian.

I have it on good authority that the 3rd Mk3 Antar was still in Rush Green Motors in October this year (2012). About 6 years ago I did speak to a MV Enthusiast in the Yorkshire area by telephone who said he had bought the 3rd Antar from Rush Green but had not had time to collect it, he even discussed how he was going to get it out and bring it home, as I recall being surprised that he was planning a suspended tow. I have "misplaced" the contact details of the Yorkshire MV Enthusiast so cannot confirm that he still owns the one still stood in Rush Green.

Not sure if the restored ex-Rush Green MK3 is still in Norfolk but I am sure the "Antar book" will reveal this ? Mike B ?

Likewise Colin. I have to have another ride in a Mk3 they have to be my favourite vehicle. Dad has even mellowed to the fact that they aren't just lumps of metal to be welded back together. To be fair he said it was quite rare to find a really rotten one, more knocked about than anything else. Let me find those pictures a the tunnel!!

Great pics Paul ! Found this Antar video a little amusing ! :DSomething went wrong...

Andy,

that was me stood to the right hand side coordinating the tractors pulling the back end round, Graham Booth had his Pickfords Scammell Constructor winch on the front end in the next field, we were just getting the Antar lined up with the gateway so Graham could continue winching, the tractor guys did sterling work that day getting everything out of the show.

John.

Andy,

that was me stood to the right hand side coordinating the tractors pulling the back end round, Graham Booth had his Pickfords Scammell Constructor winch on the front end in the next field, we were just getting the Antar lined up with the gateway so Graham could continue winching, the tractor guys did sterling work that day getting everything out of the show.

John.

Hi John , Looks like a lot of fun in the mud mate ! Here's hoping for a slightly less moist show season this year !:-D

Hi John , Looks like a lot of fun in the mud mate ! Here's hoping for a slightly less moist show season this year !:-D

My REO still has plenty of that mud stuck to it, that show was back in July, it was just like Beltring but on a smaller scale, mud mud and more mud.

I was given this picture this morning. I once took 12DM60 to a truck meet at the newly opened Poplar Truck Services just off the M6/M56 junction. As I was reminded this morning on leaving the event the chap on the exit got it into his head I was a paying visitor and was demanding I pay for parking, needless to say his barrier nearly got flattened, my mate who took this picture was getting ready to take a picture of the barrier dissapearing under the Antar !

Scan0045.jpg

here is the link to a video about tank transporters in germany. It was a unit i served with and there are lots of antars, the audio is slightly out of sync, but you can still enjoy it

Oh...........

My............

Word.................!

That brought a few memories flooding back!

here is the link to a video about tank transporters in germany. It was a unit i served with and there are lots of antars, the audio is slightly out of sync, but you can still enjoy it

Now there's a coincidence, you living at Woodhall Spa, wartime home to 617 Sqn RAF and serving in 617 tk tptr sqn.

Hello Mighty Antar,

Thanks very much for posting that video clip, really useful. The Land-Rover leading the convoy off at the end says it all.

You have definitely made Paul Brook's weekend and mine!

Best wishes,

Mike.

ooo not half - especially some of the faces (at least two worked with me quite recently). Hopefully the upcoming book will do the "Mojo" (MSO) story justice. On that clip was an ex Polish cavalry Colonel and a man who as a youth fought in the Warsaw uprising, fighting the Germans with a makeshift armoured car...

Oh and for the record everyone who was anyone sported those moustaches!

It was quite an eye opener at first discovering the spoken language on drag tended to be polish. On being greeted by Mojos, Brit crews would shout back "gin dobbery ratchet panhandle screwdriver............" then collapse in gales of laughter.

In fact I seem to remember we laughed all the time.................

What can I say!! Mighty Antar you have just made my day!! Well week/month etc. Thanks for posting that. Blow me FEC special re-build was even singled out. Happy Days!! Thanks again. Now too watch for the fourth time