Antar Gallery

THIS may help on the original drawings the position of the head lights is shown below the bumper in 1960 a updated spec

was issued stating that the position of the headlights must be no higher than 42 inches from the ground to the centre of the light and no less than 36 inches the contracts show only two fitted below the bumpers 16 CL 77 and I6 CL 78 From contract

6/27469 dated 1958 l have read that there where three but have found no mention of a third hope this helps abit

REGARDS WALLY

I can confirm that the last of the 3 Rush Green ANTAR Mk3's was still there at 6.15pm last Wednesday when I passed by.

Looking at their website it still seems to be for sale but having tried to buy something from them many years ago I can confirm they are as mad as a box of frogs.

http://www.rushgreenmotors.com/menu/trucks/fullsizetrucks/46B.jpg

• 1 year later...

Haha excellent. Tricky buggers when you are trying to steer them dead - ask Deb who normally draws the short straw - she was toning up her muscles last week as it happened as we were shifting a dead un. I told her it was cheaper than a gym membership.

Anyway what goes around comes around, because 12DM61, which was the one that originally was destined for Leconfield has now followed me home and is sitting in the yard. I must say it is looking a bit worse for wear - since I last saw it anyway. I don't suppose that anyone has an offside engine side panel do they? it is missing a variety of other bits too but I have not had chance to have a really good look - it arrived in a bit of a hurry and we have been on with loads of other stuff (not least the 3a).

When I get the two of them side by side I will post a pic or two.

Oh and for the record - there is no longer a Mk3 in Rush Green. When I enquired where it had gone I was met with an enigmatic smile. That said I think I know where it has gone, but it isn't for me to speculate!

Edited by paulbrook

Haha excellent. Tricky buggers when you are trying to steer them dead - ask Deb who normally draws the short straw - she was toning up her muscles last week as it happened as we were shifting a dead un. I told her it was cheaper than a gym membership.

Anyway what goes around comes around, because 12DM61, which was the one that originally was destined for Leconfield has now followed me home and is sitting in the yard. I must say it is looking a bit worse for wear - since I last saw it anyway. I don't suppose that anyone has an offside engine side panel do they? it is missing a variety of other bits too but I have not had chance to have a really good look - it arrived in a bit of a hurry and we have been on with loads of other stuff (not least the 3a).

Oh and for the record - there is no longer a Mk3 in Rush Green. When I enquired where it had gone I was met with an enigmatic smile. That said I think I know where it has gone, but it isn't for me to speculate!

Haha yes! when we moved our other Antar which had the broken steering valve round I tore the muscles in my neck, it took about 2 months to heal. Good training for diving Martians when you loose accumulator pressure!

Be nice to see a picture of the pair, I didn't get the opportunity to photo mine together when we had 2, due to the steering problem.

Very close number to my old Antar, 12DM60 now in the ownership of Mervyn Annetts in Basingstoke.

• 2 weeks later...

Another tip. Don't have your hands through the steering spokes when the engine dies. Hard lesson.

yeah Never have your hand through any steering wheel spokes on anything if you can avoid it! learnt that lesson when i was about 10 years old on a MF 135.

That also includes keeping your thumbs and fingers out.

Steel spoked steering wheels on an LMD tend to cause a slight feeling of pain when they try and rip your thumb off.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

To all you Antar owners. I am making a 1/35th scale model of the Mighty Antar Mk3, which was owned by a Lancashire Heavy haulage firm, does anyone have any photos of this beast please, colour if possible which they would allow me to print off & use on modeling shows.

I also require a detailed photo or drawing of the front back plate which has the tie rod attached, the instructions are not that clear so cant make out exactly where it fixes on.

Thanks in advance

Dick Smith

To all you Antar owners. I am making a 1/35th scale model of the Mighty Antar Mk3, which was owned by a Lancashire Heavy haulage firm, does anyone have any photos of this beast please, colour if possible which they would allow me to print off & use on modeling shows.

I also require a detailed photo or drawing of the front back plate which has the tie rod attached, the instructions are not that clear so cant make out exactly where it fixes on.

Thanks in advance

Dick Smith

I presume you mean WHG 563V owned by Chris Miller, it seems to have been a little camera shy but it appears on pages 167 and 169 of Bob Tuck's book 'Move It' working on the Dinorwic project, unfortunately in b/w.

Check out post 289 on this thread.

Edited by radiomike7

Dear All,

The Chris Miller Antar is quite safe and talked up in bed (ie under cover) with Fred Lawton in Derbyshire. I keep hearing tales about Antars with two engines. I have never ever seen or read anything authoritive about this. The V8 meteorite did have two rocker covers, two rads, two carbs, two fuel pumps and two mags.... but not two engines!

John