Jimmy Nuts

Mark

although it may look odd those are just as good as the regular lug nuts , the only down side it they stick out a bit more and could nick a shin with those square corners if you were standing near the front wheels while working about the engine for example

In my poor opinion you need nuts on there asap those are designed to take twin wheels and as such the nuts go on the outside all that is retaining the wheel is a small sleeve on the stud you only need one to come loose and he presto bye bye wheel but then again I only drive a real truck a Dodge :-D

Commander

That was my thoughts exactly, that there should be nuts on the outside as well, reading thru the manual last night it describes taking the front wheel off by undoing the nuts first, but there isn't any. Does anyone have outer nuts on their jimmy front wheels??

Thanks for the offer matey but I have a load in the locker, I thought they were for the extra wheel on the fronts but obviously they are not, and to think I have been driving it around like that, makes you wonder if that is a cause of the wobble in a previuos thread I posted :dunno:

I suspect so mate. When I removed the rear wheels of the WLF, although the outer nuts were VERY tight, once loosened, some of the inner nuts were only hand tight. :shake:

Couldn't tell just be looking at them.

Theres a moral there somewhere.

Markheliops

The front wheels on my old Jimmy and the WLF are held on using the internal/external sleeve nuts. That's what they're designed for. They are countersunk so they centre correctly and IMHO should be perfectly safe as long as they are done up correctly.

If you put the wheel outside the sleeve nuts and then use the conventional nuts to hold the wheels on you'd have to take it all apart in order to double up the front wheels.

Just my 10c. Others are entitled to disagree...

Ok thanks fella's mind is made up, I have just looked on the CCKW site and in 90% of the pictures they have the extra nuts on as well, so that is what I am going to do, plus it will not hurt to go that route.

Regards

Mark the outer nut came as standard but as stated, they have no bearing on hold your front wheel on - only the outer wheel if you dual up. Think about how your rear wheels are held on - you have to take the outer nut off to to take the outer wheel off and then you are left with the same picture as your front wheel - the inner nuts. These hold on your inner wheel - you have to take them off to take your inner wheel off.

And remember - all nuts undo towards the back of your truck - on both sides :-D

And remember - all nuts undo towards the back of your truck - on both sides :-D

Just to clear up any confusion on this as its a real pain when you try to undo something and you think you undoing it but you are actually doing it up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :whistle:

So this is how it works:

All the wheel nuts on the right hand side of the truck undo anti clockwise

( the conventional way).

All the wheel nuts on the left hand side of the truck undo clockwise ( not the normal way )

Sometimes the inner sleeve nuts have a " L " stamped on the end square of the nut to indicate it is a left handed nut, don't try to put these on the other side of the truck :-D

All the best R3