steviem new jeep

Jerry Jeep

Having taken delivery of Steviem jeep to work on it for him the photos are over the first 2 days  first day was body off engine and gear boxes out of the frame axles and springs off then its start to cheque the frame and what a mess lots of bits welded on so cut them off and the back end fell off its only the angle iron holding it together,  day 2 cut the old bits off with the  back cross member and extra scrap then  jigged up the frame and welded up one side fit new cross member then cut off the scrap off the other side need to find 2 spring hangers as the threads have been worn away  will keep you updated as we go on all the best stay safe jerry    

P1010168.JPG

P1010170.JPG

P1010171.JPG

P1010177.JPG

P1010180.JPG

P1010179.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, steviem said:

What a talent? They all look amazing,  do you need need me to order the parts or shall we hang fire in case we need more? Thanks Jerry. 

hang on till its all striped and clean then will sort out a list going to order the wheels and see if i can get 2 spring hangers no one seems to have any 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Jerry Jeep said:

hang on till its all striped and clean then will sort out a list going to order the wheels and see if i can get 2 spring hangers no one seems to have any 

2 minutes ago, steviem said:

Ok, dallas have wheels in stock, may have to source spring hangers from Europe,  unless of course any forum members have any knocking about. 

i was going to try universal wheels are £140 tyres will have to come from john 

Anther cold day at work shop but got on with rebuilding the steering box striped off the springs cleaned all the axle U bolts and recut the threads sorted the  spring base plates and got all the bits in primer tomorrow will paint them in colour ready for fitting Steviem give me a ring later 

P1010184.JPG

P1010185.JPG

P1010186.JPG

P1010187.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

so anther day in paradise working on the jeep sorted out the back end and finished it off found two spring hangers in my stock of parts just need to weld on the hangers when i turn it over finished making the bit of the frame that was missing  tomorrow weather permitting will start to cut all the extra scrap off the front end to fit the new bumper plates   

P1010188.JPG

P1010189.JPG

P1010190.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

work to day. spent all day cutting and grinding all the scrap from the front of the jeep and yes its not good the steel plate was 1/4" thick and ark welded on will need to get the chassis jig out tomorrow to set it up when i first striped the jeep it has had a very hard life this truck 

P1010191.JPG

P1010192.JPG

P1010194.JPG

P1010193.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1