Start of the tracked saga...

ArtistsRifles

Will a decent looking airsoft do? We like ours.

For the AK's - well those will belong to the ones riding in back!! Nothing to do with me missus, honest!! Everything else is a wee bit to big for airsoft!! :evil:

Got fed up with this PC constantly having "issues" so - as it's over 5 years old have decided to replace it and the new one will have an IEE 1394 connection as well as a WinTV card so I can plug the cam-corder in - which means we should be able to provide the requested video's!! Along the lines of:

* Meeting new MV for 1st time.

* Falling off new MV for the 1st but not the last time.

* Trying to drive new MV with kangaroo juice in the tanks.

:-D :-D :-D :-D

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the AK's - well those will belong to the ones riding in back!! Nothing to do with me missus, honest!! Everything else is a wee bit to big for airsoft!! :evil:

Got fed up with this PC constantly having "issues" so - as it's over 5 years old have decided to replace it and the new one will have an IEE 1394 connection as well as a WinTV card so I can plug the cam-corder in - which means we should be able to provide the requested video's!! Along the lines of:

* Meeting new MV for 1st time.

* Falling off new MV for the 1st but not the last time.

* Trying to drive new MV with kangaroo juice in the tanks.

:-D :-D :-D :-D

Stick to a spanner if all else fails you can use it to beat the **** out of things. :argh: :computerterror2: and if all else fails :beer:

Can't use a spanner to beat the internet up though Tony!! :-D

Which I am right now in the hunt for those rarest of animals - the official maintenance manuals for the new beastie. If I'm gonna hit that with a spanner I'd like to know I'm hitting the right thing in the right place!! :-D :-D

Nooo....

I've absolutely no idea where abouts in the Czech Republic it's coming from - or the route the transports will be taking!! First I'll know is the letter/e-mail.phone call telling me it's arrived in Cambridgeshire. :-D

Now that will be a HAPPY day!!!! :-D :-D

Got a bunch of paperwork through from the DVLA today to do with first registering imported vehicles. reading through it and a loto of the form deals with information fromeither type approval or a SVA test certificate however - right at the end was the line that read "Vehicle over 10 years old are exempt form Type Approval".

As I believe whats coming in IS more than 10 years old am I right in thinking it won't need to have to have an SVA test then??

Any one out there imported an MV more than 10 years old and been down this route??

2) - Even if she gets in the back for a ride - she won't go near the turret so will have no idea whther somethings been added let alone what it is....

When I used to do a lot of bike racing, a mate of mine was always buying new bikes, and he used to get them all painted red...so he could say "no, I've always had that red one".

Surely its just as easy in this game...they are all green...mostly!

Bit of a difference between a 432 and the OT though.. And that doesn't even begin to consider the tricolour circle on the sides...

Bit more good news - the 3rd helmet/headset for the turret gunner arrived today - this one HAS got the intercom plug on it!!! We get there slowly!!!

And Ben from Army Radio Sales has the aerial !!!

As I believe whats coming in IS more than 10 years old am I right in thinking it won't need to have to have an SVA test then??

Any one out there imported an MV more than 10 years old and been down this route??

Neil,

The DVLA will not accept the age of the vehicle unless it is verified by one of the allocated club representatives, either MVT or IMPS I would think in this case. Problem is, that there will be little info on these vehicles regarding serial numbers v. manufacture date, in this country. Why not get Russian Trucks to register it for you?

Very true Tony!!!! :-D

More news tonight - heard from Richard at Russian Trucks, mine is in the next batch being deliverd. He's looking at getting the transport underway on the 18th October. Apparently they had a big order to ship out to the USA which has put them a week or so behind.

We're getting there folks, we're getting there !!!!

Very true Tony!!!! :-D

More news tonight - heard from Richard at Russian Trucks, mine is in the next batch being deliverd. He's looking at getting the transport underway on the 18th October. Apparently they had a big order to ship out to the USA which has put them a week or so behind.

We're getting there folks, we're getting there !!!!

So not in time for your birthday then Neil, will have to be a christmas present then - so no opening it early :whistle:

Now then Ian - you know full well us JW weirdos with the horns and tails don't do the celebrating birthdays and Xmas thingies.... :-D :evil: :evil:

But - had you said it missed our wedding anniversary (1/10) you'd have been nearer the mark!! :-D :-D :-D

Totally forgot that Neil.

(Note to self - don't send Neil a Christmas card) :whistle:

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Are you doing the Canvey run next weekend (14th)?? Been meaning to phone Phil and Stu - but my mobile went secondary mammaries up last Sat, only got it back sem-functional this evening... So much for linux based phones.......

Yes will be doing the Canvey run along with the others. Lee, John, Stu will be coming from the fort and meeting myself and some others on the way.