Start of the tracked saga...

ArtistsRifles

Things - slowly - are clicking into place...... Two of the crew helmets arrived today from Russia. Only snag being the plugs are missing off the connecting leads! had to e-mail the seller as the ad clearly showed the plugs in place! One more to come for the gunners position.

The photo shows one being modelled by the Daughter mk1.....

width=640 height=426http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d146/ArtistsRifles/Czech%20OT-90%20APC/OT-90_.jpg[/img]

On Monday the paperwork for the transit permit across Germany should be complete so I should be gettting a delivery date into the UK from Richard at Russian Trucks!!

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neil,

If your appeal is unsuccessful I may have one of the plugs you need: I bought a Russian tank driver's night vision helmet (like the one in your pic but with a set of folding NV bino's and a power pack on the back) from a Berlin Flea Market when I was on tour there and converted it to run off a cigarette lighter so I could drive our Sprinter with the lights off to terrify my passengers :evil:

I think I still have the original plug!

- Mike

Neil,

If your appeal is unsuccessful I may have one of the plugs you need: I bought a Russian tank driver's night vision helmet (like the one in your pic but with a set of folding NV bino's and a power pack on the back) from a Berlin Flea Market when I was on tour there and converted it to run off a cigarette lighter so I could drive our Sprinter with the lights off to terrify my passengers :evil:

I think I still have the original plug!

- Mike

Thanks Mike - would appreciate that!! :-D

Tony - the local group seem to be planning on piling up when I go to pay so watch for the pic's & videos that I'm sure will follow!!! :-D :-D

I gotta camera :-D, will I ba able to get in for the Securicor trucks carrying the dosh? last time I was bringing a vehicle into UK, from Jersey, a K3 that had originally been on UK registration, well back in 1949, suddenly got hit for VAT!! Fortunatley the guy asked me for a valuation, I just said 'Oh about 200 quid' , to my suprise he said 'Fine £33 please'.

Same here sir!!

Hopefully Richard will remember the lessons of Beltring and drain the old DERV out and clean the fuel filters prior to collection :-D

Mean time another piece is - also slowly - starting to click into place. Lets just say for now it's a turret component that must not, on any account, be mentioned in front of the wife or daughter on pain of likely death - my death.....

Same here sir!!

Hopefully Richard will remember the lessons of Beltring and drain the old DERV out and clean the fuel filters prior to collection :-D

Mean time another piece is - also slowly - starting to click into place. Lets just say for now it's a turret component that must not, on any account, be mentioned in front of the wife or daughter on pain of likely death - my death.....

;-) do you mean a :whistle: ;-)

No need to worry there lads on a number of counts....

1) - She's already said she want's nothing to do with it 'cos she hates it!!

2) - Even if she gets in the back for a ride - she won't go near the turret so will have no idea whther somethings been added let alone what it is....

3) - Externally there is a very nice, thick, canveas mantlet and barrel cover - which at Beltring was shown to have a lump of gas pipe holding it up!!

Am I sneaky or what???? :evil: :evil: :evil: