Scrap yard relics...

Jack

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I caught up with an old pal today that I've not seen in a long time , and some how we got talking about this forum and him not having restored any old vehicles lately ( used to have a series three LR ambulance ) he asked if I new of anything interesting so told him about the blue Morris and the comer cabbed fordson in my last post above , he seems very keen for one of them , but has asked me to find what would be a fair price ,,,, now the fordson is running and probably will not need a lot doing to get roadworthy ,, the morris will need welding repairs to the cab not sure how much but bottoms of doors have been plated not very well , and has electrical problems , both will probably need the brakes looking at , both i think are good projects but don't know what he should offer for them ,,,,,,, I've tried to search for similar for sale but not found much for a comparison , does anyone have any ideas , many thanks in advance

Edited by phil munga

• 2 weeks later...

Phil

The yard where you took the pics has been cleared out quite a bit over the last 10 year since the old man died,There use to be a loyd carrier a couple of jimmy's a very complete matador with a coles crane and a number of other interesting bits.

I was in there about 12 years back and found quite a bit of CMP parts laid about.

Rob.......................rnixartillery.

Edited by rnixartillery
very poor spelling-I need sleep

Thats right Rob I used to get up there in the late eighties when there was a lot of interesting vehicles ,, don't remember the type but they had a few American built? air base buses ,the V8 engines removed for grass tracking , Those were the days when the old giant 2 Stroke Eimco tracked loading shovel still worked , I was quizzing the old boys son trying to find a Spitfire wheel I knew about but he did not know of it ,,

Not quite the scrap yard but range targets i guess now you know where the 109/110s went

Can you explain what is in the picture, cannot really see what they are. I am interested in 107s /110s as I am running an M578. Are they all still there or are these really old pictures. Presme you meant 107 not 109 ?

To the left of the Sea King are rows of body sections off 110/107 to the right it looks like 109 turrets but because I havnt seen a 109 without the turret I could be wrong though there is only a couple of wheels on the chasis they look too big to be 109s as its the DERA site I cant get closer and a teliscopic camera would bee noticed I dont fancy talking my way out of a section 44.

Well another quick trip to the junkyards.

- A pile of winches. I believe all chassis mount Mercedes

- A couple of fairly complete 911's

- Trailers

- Stack of fire hose equipment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20729[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20728[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20727[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20726[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20725[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20724[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20723[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20722[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20721[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20720[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20719[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20718[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20717[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20716[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20715[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20714[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20735[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20734[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20733[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20732[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20731[/ATTACH]

Driving home a couple of hundred km, but not empty handed.

Also a selection of different ammo boxes

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20730[/ATTACH]

:) Thought there were going to be some pics of carky green Porsche 911s there for a moment :-D

Them Mercedes trucks do look nice and would be great with a radio body , not sure how the model number is suposed to work on them cause normaly an 809 would = 8ton 90hp / ,,, 410 = 4 ton 100hp

( GB = 7.5t / 3.5t ) ,, so would 911 = 9ton 110hp

:) Thought there were going to be some pics of carky green Porsche 911s there for a moment :-D

Them Mercedes trucks do look nice and would be great with a radio body , not sure how the model number is suposed to work on them cause normaly an 809 would = 8ton 90hp / ,,, 410 = 4 ton 100hp

( GB = 7.5t / 3.5t ) ,, so would 911 = 9ton 110hp

The Roman Brasov's are far better and are 8 ton. I don't know what 911 stands for, meant to been retired years ago but keep seeing them on the roads.

Porsche......... well it's not an MV, but I saw this going to work on my car one morning and you don't see this too often and it was going to a scrapyard???? and you asked :-D

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20752[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20751[/ATTACH]

:) Mike you could have at least digitally enhanced the pics so it was olive green :) does look a bit of a mess and looks to have ended up in a police parking bay

could say it was a range safey vehicle?

Yep the local police/polis station easilly identified by the cable tv dish on the roof :-X

Well off to deliver my hospital trolley to the yard, oops I mean new 'custom' toolbox trolley.