HMVF & Plain Military Tour.

Jack

unless you are into d*gging etc i'd keep well away from the Birdlip view point. I bet they all wondered what on earth was going on. it is not a place i have been to after dark but i have heard all about it. :angel:

next time anything like that happens watch how you bend over. :whistle:

Apparently there is a special code you can flash out with your headlights :-o to let others know its all clear to start.

chuckling at thought

Berni

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your welcome Rambo hope to see you all next year. We are starting work on it as soon as I get all the dust out of my eyes, ears and places you don't want to know about.

Thank you for coming. Pete and Yogi would like fairy cakes and I will have one of those big chocie cakes you had. The danceing girls are booked. :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

Your welcome Dougy glad you got home safe, did Dave get back OK? Pete has not stopped talking about his ride in your FV432 all day. One of the young lads got in the front before Yogi and ajusted the seat with out him noticing.

Thanks for making the trip and hope to see you all next year. You never know we may be poping over to Kemble for the day.

Nice to see you all enjoyed yourselfs. I thought you was all staying sunday night as well and returning Monday.

Well Ian,

the truth being was that the duty Range warden (cant remember his title) caused a few ruffled feathers :n00b: also on the sunday there was up to 4000 walkers/runners on the plain doing a sponsered walk/run many of which got a good coating of dust by persons unknown :dunno:, and with local disputes being fought over it was decided to break camp on the Sat PM.

but after a 35(+-) mile off road drive i belive we all thought that the weekend was complete as could be and with rain in the offing it was best to head for the hills.

Ashley

Glad you all enjoyed yourselves folks - and am absolutely gutted I couldn't make it, esp after the way Saturday ended with the clutch saga. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Hopefully - he says fingers crosed - if it can ever be done again I will be able to make it!!! :-) :-)

it wasnt the range warden sat morning but a new land warden :banghead:

the range warden from the royal artillery couldnt have been anymore helpfull after all this was the first one so little problems always occur :rtfm:

even at westdown with the rmp not knowing :oops2:

a great time was had even after these hicups sat morning

tony thank you and the team :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:am looking forward to next year and hopefully see everyone soon :yawn2:

Hi All

I was very nice to be invited at the weekend i enjoyed it. i am still getting grit out of my jacket, landrover, hair, and pretty much eveything else that i took that day...

thanks all for the warm welcome and it was very nice to meet you all so much i have joined the forum....

for those who are now wondering who the hell i am.... i was the chap on the 110 NAD.....

Thanks Again to eveyone for aranging it...

Cris

Cool to see you on board Cris

It was the new land warden that stuck the spanner in the works, he has now been demoted to sh*thouse attendant :rofl: :rofl:

At the end of the day Steve was only doing his job. The big cheese that turned up was the RSO ( Range Safety Officer ).

I rang Bob Burgess today at Westdown camp and he is still a bit bemused with the whole incident.

After all the hickups early on the rest of the weekend went off with no other probs apart from me not packing my sleeping bag and freezing my chadds of all night, but im a man I can handle it NOT.

Like Ash said what with rain inbound I think we timed it smack on. It rained most of monday morning with some heavy down pours. Good time was had by all with no break downs apart from me and Yogi having a nervous break down Saturday morning. All the guys at plain Military says hello :wave:

Great weekend by all - I have written a report that may give a bit more of an insight to it all :whistle: I have been trying to post it up on the 'reports' section but have been doing a great job of screwing that up :computerterror: :whistle:

So has everyone changed their oil filters after the amount of dust that they must of sucked in :schocked: great pictures that everyone has posted up and keep them coming....

width=160 height=120http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s15/hmvf/image3.jpg[/img]

width=160 height=112http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s15/hmvf/Runnerdust.jpg[/img]

width=127 height=160http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s15/hmvf/JimmyBW.jpg[/img]

Thanks Tony & team for a good w/end,it was certainly a good crack :-D especially seeing as hardly any of us had ever met before.Certainly the words dust & orifices crop up in most conversations about it. :rofl:

Tony I promise to try and fix the "Norman Collier"intercom system on the 434 for next time :whistle: and you can tell Roy in the pub the 'gnome'will return.

Anyway look forward to seeing you all again somewhere.Anyone coming to Kemble please call at our tent for a cuppa

Cheers

DaveP

ooh, is that one of the new designer collection. How about some pictures of the rest of the line?

You storing nuts for the winter? :naughty:

Yes it is Paul - one of the supermodels couldn't make (her MV had broken down) so I stepped in....whilst scoffing some fish and chips and a battered sausage :whistle:

But yes the clothing looks good and I love the baseball caps.......

Ok folks - have uploaded the report for Salisbury Plain - it is in the artilcles section above Steves work - sorry Steve and will move it once I have created a section for it......

Apologies for the 'ragged' format/presentation as I am stuffing something up somewwhere but I will refine it so please bear with me but I wanted to get it up before the subject moves on.

Cheers

jack.

Nice article Jack got it spot on old chap. Did you keep a log or have you got a photogrphic memory?

Can I just say that Dave and Dougys vehicles are FV432 & FV434 not AV. Thought I should say something before Dave smacks you around the back of the legs with a wet fish. Dave seams to know alot about fish :rofl:.

What are the dates for Kemble? we will be there for the day, not sleeping in that tent again.

Nice article Jack got it spot on old chap. Did you keep a log or have you got a photogrphic memory?

Actually for stuff like this I do.....!

Can I just say that Dave and Dougys vehicles are FV432 & FV434 not AV.

Sorry but Dave and Dougy are wrong too! I was trying to point that out to them at the weekend but they weren't having any of it.

..will amend in the morning