Reporting Live from W&P 2012

Marmite!!

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what network u using lee for up loading pics?

I have just upgraded to the new MiFi Three Dongle.. basicly it works like a hotsopt you can take with you.. I can upload 150 photos at a time to photobucket using their bulk uploader no problem.. costs about £60 with 3gb included, you can connect up to 5 devices wirlessly at the same time.

http://www.warandpeaceshow.com/News/News/

News

[TABLE=class: contentpaneopen]

[TR]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

An update on our 30th Anniversary Show...

Updated 13/7/12 Morning all, from a very sunny and bright Hop Farm! As I'm sitting here in my little office on the big yellow double-decker Radio War and Peace bus opposite the Fun Fair, I can see queues of traders waiting to get onto the Traders' Field. The sky is blue and there is a light drying wind. Walking the fields at 5am today the ground was wet but firm underfoot. None of the streams are anywhere near the top and they are flowing freely and fast. There are still puddles around, but they are draining well. It's nowhere near as bad as it was on Sunday, which is when most of the photos were taken and posted. So if you haven't finished packing, get on with it and we look forward to seeing you!

Thank you for the updates guys, I have about 80 reenactors from various parts of the world coming to our pitch (N44) it's good to get pictoral updates of the fields and vehicles arriving, it all adds to the excitement!!!

Will be there myself on Monday around midday, cant wait!!!

Keith

I don't know about anyone else, Lee, but your photos and comments have positively encouraged me to ignore the 'damp' and come to W&P as usual - one more sleep until we ge there!

Ditto from me. Last week I had given up, now I making plans for the show. Fantastic

We are now down at the show. Getting in was fun with s defender

towing a trailer with a mutt on in the end had to unload and tow the 110 in. The site is slick if you need to get to americas use the roads straight through if monktons turn left and go through the exit road. Looks to be a good show though. Having fun already. Nice to see a few old faces.

Popped down myself tonight. It's pretty boggy in places but it was no problem for the Landrover which is fitted with road biased Avon Range masters. Cars were having a trickier time though. But there are plenty on hand to drag them out. The War and Peace staff are still hard at work pumping out the flooded areas,and we're in the process of pumping out the public camping area while I was there. It doesn't seem as bad now as the pics posted and the stories people were telling coming back from there earlier in the week.

Booked in today andcsetvup camp.

The site is hoendous!!!

I have a 1956 two wheel truck and got stuck in the first 10 minutes.

Very bad areas are cordened off.

I only got stuck once and some smashingbfellas pushed us out.

In all honesty, wuith the good weather forecast over the weekend, the site has the propensity to dry out well....or at least i hope, as we want some food from the co-op.

Booked in today andcsetvup camp.

The site is hoendous!!!

I have a 1956 two wheel truck and got stuck in the first 10 minutes.

Very bad areas are cordened off.

I only got stuck once and some smashingbfellas pushed us out.

In all honesty, wuith the good weather forecast over the weekend, the site has the propensity to dry out well....or at least i hope, as we want some food from the co-op.

London Calling.......Red Cross Parcels on their way.

RAD X 2.jpg

RED x 1.jpg

RED x 3.png