Must be unusual

Willyslancs

hehehe..dunno where you found that photo......

........ but I learnt from Hollywood many years ago that all Jeeps and Tanks and Aircraft ,especially when crewed by either John Wayne or Robert Mitchum, ran on never ending fuel tanks.....

...........same as the never ending magazines used in Hollywood machine guns :) hahahah!

hehehe..dunno where you found that photo......

........ but I learnt from Hollywood many years ago that all Jeeps and Tanks and Aircraft ,especially when crewed by either John Wayne or Robert Mitchum, ran on never ending fuel tanks.....

...........same as the never ending magazines used in Hollywood machine guns :) hahahah!

plus how did the fat g.is get behind the wheel ???

That must be a liberated Jerrycan as the yank ones are flippin terrible for pouring, need the spout as I found out to my petrol soaked shoes cost LOL, I should of listened to the bloke who I bought the Jeep off

:D

yep deffinately better with the spout mate ..........

Anyone tried to fill up an early body Dodge WC at a petrol station? Lot's of fun!

First there is a big pipe and then further down, where you can't reach it with the hose, there is a small pipe (but no funnel into it) which goes to the petrol tank. What happens when the petrol starts flowing is that it ricochets right back at you!

Those designers must have had a good laugh when the thought of this!!

That must be a liberated Jerrycan as the yank ones are flippin terrible for pouring, need the spout as I found out to my petrol soaked shoes cost LOL, I should of listened to the bloke who I bought the Jeep off

:D

It is a flip top British style can, or possibly a captured German can, note the pressed rounded bottom corners, the American screw top can has square fabricated corners and US markings on side

Edited by Nick Johns

Tony tried to fill up the Series 3 land Rover last year, the fuel tank being under the seat. The guy in the petrol station seeing what he was doing panicked, shut of the fuel and ran outside to see what he was up to.

Tim

I had exactly the same reaction many years ago with a series 3 FFW, the bloke came running out and refused to believe that the tank was under the drivers seat even after I lifted the other seat and showed him the other tank. He insisted that it was some form of illegal modification and refused to turn the pump back on. A somewhat heated discussion followed as I suggested that his knowledge of motor vehicles was not as good as he thought things were getting nicely warmed up when a bloke at the other pump leaned over and told the the officious little s###t to stop pra##ting about and turn the pump back on and let me draw fuel, he refused I questioned his parentage and left in a cloud of blue smoke.

Funny now but raised the blood pressure at the time.

Pete