Show us yours...............

Jack

Guest Anonymous

Hello everyone

Just got an email about this site, so had to join straight away. I've only recently bought a Hotchkiss Jeep after asthma and a dust allergy put on hold my other hobby flying large scale radio controlled aircraft. See below.

B-17G Fortress "Hang The Expense", 100th Bomb Group

b17_Cosford_2002a1.jpg

Since I have such a large interest in the US 8th Air Force, my Hotchkiss had to be converted to more resemble a 100th Bomb Group Willys MB.

homepic.JPG

I've just got back from Normandy, France having spent two weeks with the jeep there.

Steve[/img]

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

First you see that car head on then you don't ? Did you go right on over the top LOL . I take it thats a two lane road ? Not much of any room to maneuver a CCKW on a road that size , My Hats off to you since it also means you have to have extraordinary reflex's as the side roads and hedges make for very limited vision for the car drivers , You being higher up can look over the hedges , still the buggers can hide all to well .

New edition to the collection... a 1960 M422a1 Mighty Mite made by American Motors for the US Marine Corp, alluminium construction, independent suspension, air cooled V4 engine, only 3500 ever made, most ended up in Vietnam, apparently only three? in the UK

.....and yes that is an m38a1 windsrcreen, which was fitted as original equipment for the m422a1.... the only Jeep part on it..

.....plenty of parts available in the US..

First you see that car head on then you don't ? Did you go right on over the top LOL . I take it thats a two lane road ? Not much of any room to maneuver a CCKW on a road that size , My Hats off to you since it also means you have to have extraordinary reflex's as the side roads and hedges make for very limited vision for the car drivers

You are right, this is a pretty good way to learn how to drive a GMC. It actually is a two way road and you tend to have some interesting moments on roads like this :whistle: Villages are always interesting to drive through as there is always some connection to the Americans being here with all of their equipment and infact it was this very lanes that GMCs drove along as they were based here and many villagers can remember the 'Yanks' .........some of the ladies remember them better for other reasons ;-) ;-) ;-)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone

Went to an anniversary arrangement with our HMV club. at a nearby Danish Military Base last Saturday. It was fantastic to hear so many GMC CCKW stories from the 50 to the late 80 told by these old but still going strong gents. “When all other vehicles was stucked in the mud – the GMC could always pull them out !” We found no reason not to believe every word of it –it was a great day.

width=640 height=480http://i21.tinypic.com/2wbt1rr.jpg[/img]

Its my CCKW in the middle

width=640 height=480http://i24.tinypic.com/2hyyufn.jpg[/img]

" I did drive a GMC just like that back in ........" and from here many very good, allmost never ending but I must say - from a historic point of view - very interesting tales.

"Didn't they come with a winch ?" No sir, not all of them.

Below two pictures from our way home in the afternoon - Denmark 2007 or could it be France 1944 ? Hard to tell. ;-)

width=321 height=238http://i20.tinypic.com/15h93a.jpg[/img]

width=327 height=246http://i23.tinypic.com/2mwy0p2.jpg[/img]

Best regards

Kim

• 1 month later...