fv432 HELP?

blitzkrieg

Hi

Just got my self a fv432 MK2/1 , When i ingage starter switch there is nothing from the starter but the solanoid on the pump clicks bakwards and forwards rapidly, should this happen? Many thanks to anyone who might be able to advise.

Thanks again

Simon:cry:

Hi

Just got my self a fv432 MK2/1 , When i ingage starter switch there is nothing from the starter but the solanoid on the pump clicks bakwards and forwards rapidly, should this happen? Many thanks to anyone who might be able to advise.

Thanks again

Time to take the pack out............

• 3 weeks later...

Before you take the pack out do double-check it's not in gear - I had an embarrassing moment in my H test when I couldn't restart the damn thing as I'd neglected to put it in neutral when stopping :blush:

Symptoms were much as you describe with clicking and whirring while pushing the button but no life. I'm sure you haven't been as daft as I was but it only takes 10 secs to check :nut:

Stone

Before you take the pack out do double-check it's not in gear - I had an embarrassing moment in my H test when I couldn't restart the damn thing as I'd neglected to put it in neutral when stopping :blush:

Symptoms were much as you describe with clicking and whirring while pushing the button but no life. I'm sure you haven't been as daft as I was but it only takes 10 secs to check :nut:

Stone

Maybe worth checking the connection inside the engine compartment on the bulkhead where the gearselector neutral line comes out. I had one come off and its the same symptoms as being in gear. Should be able to reach an arm in and feel around to check it.

Worth a couple of minutes!

Hi

Thanks again

Thanks to every one that replied, got the pack out to find the bl--dy negative lead to the starter off, looks as if it had been loose for some time as it has burnt the inside of the lead away.

Now i have the pack out i will service it and clean engine bay out .

Thanks again for every ones advise. ( Pics to follow)

Thanks to every one that replied, got the pack out to find the bl--dy negative lead to the starter off, looks as if it had been loose for some time as it has burnt the inside of the lead away.

Now i have the pack out i will service it and clean engine bay out .

Thanks again for every ones advise. ( Pics to follow)

how bad is the lead? is the connection going to arc again? think i have a few spares in the stores if you want one? they run over the engine, bit tricky to remove / refit but patience gets it done and worth it if its gonna involve taking the pack out again.

jez

how bad is the lead? is the connection going to arc again? think i have a few spares in the stores if you want one? they run over the engine, bit tricky to remove / refit but patience gets it done and worth it if its gonna involve taking the pack out again.

jez

Hi Jez

Thanks for reply, its burnt about a quarter of the lead so i think if i clean it up it should be enough to make a good connection, thanks for over, do you keep many 432 spares?

Hi Jez

Thanks for reply, its burnt about a quarter of the lead so i think if i clean it up it should be enough to make a good connection, thanks for over, do you keep many 432 spares?

yes i have quite a lot of 432 spares. mainly the common stuff, all second hand though. however ive constantly got spare engine in for testing and making good for our own stuff, if there blown (like liners) then ill strip them.

jez