fuel and milage

chevpol

Evening folks,

just totted up my fuel and milage costs for my first year of Landy ownership

Milage (actually Kilometers) 3882 (approx 2412 miles)

Fuel costs £446.69!!!!!!!!!!

Mark :(

Edited by chevpol
added conversion of km to miles)

I look at it like this.

How much do cigarettes cost for a smoker.

In a MV people smile when you drive by, don't see many people smile when you smoke.

In my Dodge I used a lot of fuel, but especially the drives with British veterans makes it more than worthwhile.

A friend of mine has recently had a hydrogen cell installed on the air intake of his engine and he is starting to get real improvements in mileage already, he's hoping for 25% extra. I'm sitting back and watching this one for a while to see how it all goes. Better to learn from the mistakes of others. Still, could be very interesting.

Cheers

Paul

at least with the ferret I could say I'm saving £150 on tax, and at £90 insurance thats about £200 saving on a regular car, depreciation of lets say £1000 per year....£1350 saving per year that I can spend on fuel......and it does about 20mpg if the missus asks...hell...the more I drive it the more I'm saving!

A friend of mine has recently had a hydrogen cell installed on the air intake of his engine and he is starting to get real improvements in mileage already, he's hoping for 25% extra. I'm sitting back and watching this one for a while to see how it all goes. Better to learn from the mistakes of others. Still, could be very interesting.

Cheers

Paul

Apart from the obvious potential for a very loud "Bang" it if backfires through the carb - how does this work then????

I keep all my fuel receipts, mainly for my daily driver. My Bedford does about 16mpg. I filled it up to the brim and drove it from Didcot to Beltring and back for the War and Peace show. As it was it's first trip out (only registered it 4 days earlier) I drove it very steady there and back. Trip down took 5hrs (lots of stops to check everything was OK, good job I did as I had a loose fuel injector pipe) and the trip back just over 3hrs and it cost me £50...:-D

My mate has got an 07 Focus ST and that only does 17mpg, so not bad at all.

Apart from the obvious potential for a very loud "Bang" it if backfires through the carb - how does this work then????

Well, my knowledge is a bit shaky on this but, it was first discovered in the 70's I think that a combustion engine runs more efficiently with hydrogen added to fossil fuels. This fuel cell is in the air intake and increases the hydrogen level fed into the engine by converting H2O Perhaps I'll find out the website or no. for these people, like I say, I'm waiting to see how it works out and I'm not acting as an advocate just yet.

Well, my knowledge is a bit shaky on this but, it was first discovered in the 70's I think that a combustion engine runs more efficiently with hydrogen added to fossil fuels. This fuel cell is in the air intake and increases the hydrogen level fed into the engine by converting H2O Perhaps I'll find out the website or no. for these people, like I say, I'm waiting to see how it works out and I'm not acting as an advocate just yet.

Acepted fact that Disiels work better on misty days. I find the best is when the engine is warm the tempratue is cold and weather foggy. Intercoller is cold so larger charge to engine.