Would you like to have a jetfighter in your yard?

Guest Woland

Guest Woland

As I now have an opportunity to buy a demilled Su-22 from Polish Airforce I'd like to know if in your opinion, there is market for it, or if you want to buy one. :)

Edited by Woland

I thought the swiss gave there's away for free ! But you had to be Swiss to get one. I would go for a Meteor T7 or T9. We had them at RAF Brawdy as target tugs. I think they where the last in service in the RAF, I do not count the Vintage pair, they where in service as much as the BBMF are. Not that I think we should not still have the RAF flying classic jets. I would love to see a coldwar or classic jet flight within the RAF. But I would guess the cost would be a problem not to mention parts and expeirence. After all the BBMF is for rememberance as well as PR. You could not say the same for coldwar jets.

I'd rather have a Hind.... :)

And I know where a complete one is for sale in the UK -but alas will never be airworthy again... :-(

God choice! I was there when they came over to Buggun Hill a few years back. As they were carrying pyros it was decided to keep to keep then overnight at an MOD site nearby. The queus that formed for everyone to have nose at them have become legandary. :-D

Guest Yin717

Have a Jet in my back garden? My garden ain't big enough! lol. If I had to have a jet I would probably have.............anyone at this moment in time. Because I know as much on jets, and planes for that matter, as I do on what is the difference between different shoelaces!

Is that the Lightning near Penny Bridge in the Lakes? Saw that being delivered, didn`t it come from Jeremy Clarksons garden?

Seem to remember he had real problems with Lake District planners as it doesn`t fit the Beartrix Potter image of the county they want to portray.:banghead:

Jerry

Have a Jet in my back garden? My garden ain't big enough! lol. If I had to have a jet I would probably have.............anyone at this moment in time. Because I know as much on jets, and planes for that matter, as I do on what is the difference between different shoelaces!

Not a problem the Lightings party piece was taking off and going up the vertical... easy fit in a back garden of a terrace house... the wings stretching out into the next door nghbs gardens and blocking the light might upset them a tad.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...