Military Fodens

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great movie, why didnt you come say hi. I would have asked if i could buy the s26 mirror arms off you. as the foden has the ones off my s26 6x6 on it. They fit fine only a small mod. We didnt finish the truck till late thursday night and a 5 am start on friday morning. But it was faultless 200mile each way, only 41k on it and everything works as it should. It only does a stedy 42mph at 2100rpm so fuel consumption is not so good about £1 per mile. Still after a rack for the back. Though i intent to make a full size one 9.5ft wide but first i could do with a std one.?????

stal108 dave

Great movie, why didnt you come say hi. I would have asked if i could buy the s26 mirror arms off you. as the foden has the ones off my s26 6x6 on it. They fit fine only a small mod. We didnt finish the truck till late thursday night and a 5 am start on friday morning. But it was faultless 200mile each way, only 41k on it and everything works as it should. It only does a stedy 42mph at 2100rpm so fuel consumption is not so good about £1 per mile. Still after a rack for the back. Though i intent to make a full size one 9.5ft wide but first i could do with a std one.?????

stal108 dave

Looks good Mr P will you be woverhampton on sat?

Big Al

that is one superb massive truck...yes it would be my ideal or the scammel. Am off to withams today to see what they have...will buy a 432 but am also looking for one of those or the scammel. What are parts like for the foden...

Too mutch to do and i not invited to wolvs,, lol,, I am going to respray it so work will start this weekend. Ready for war and peace.

Buying a scammell(daf) good idea in alot of ways there better than fodens .They can carry more Go faster!!!! Well the foden only does 44mph at 2200rpm where the daf will do 52mph at the same rpm this also improves the mpg. Not that speed is sutch an problem .When i went the weekend i kept it at 40mph. If i were in a daf i would have kept it down to 45/47mph. Dafs are good trucks but there not scammells. There not far off as alot of the parts are scammell but it is a daf . I am selling my s26 6x6 that has a hookloader on it if anyone is intrested.

Too mutch to do and i not invited to wolvs,, lol,, I am going to respray it so work will start this weekend. Ready for war and peace.

Buying a scammell(daf) good idea in alot of ways there better than fodens .They can carry more Go faster!!!! Well the foden only does 44mph at 2200rpm where the daf will do 52mph at the same rpm this also improves the mpg. Not that speed is sutch an problem .When i went the weekend i kept it at 40mph. If i were in a daf i would have kept it down to 45/47mph. Dafs are good trucks but there not scammells. There not far off as alot of the parts are scammell but it is a daf . I am selling my s26 6x6 that has a hookloader on it if anyone is intrested.

That a shame you not going to wolvs would have like to see it

Big Al

Dafs are good trucks but there not scammells. There not far off as alot of the parts are scammell but it is a daf .[/quote

They may have been assembled by DAF at Leyland but all the developement and prototype work was done by Scammell. Had they been assembled at Watford the end product would have been identical, but as you know the Scammell plant closed in 1988.

As said a daf is not a scammell as a vw sharron is not a ford galaxy made in the same production line. just the odd change.

Its a scammell thing. I think they should have been but sadly there not.

I am sure it will be at grumpys soon very soon.

Yes i have my stgo plate for 100ton . i went to the dvla and registerd it as a ballast tractor (loco s/type)phgv tax no test.

I drove to overloard solo. At 40mph. near max speed lol

Heres a pic of an early Scammell DROPS. Not sure of the year but looks to be mid eighties.

Yes, spot on, KC was 84/85 but I suspect that this was an early prototype on trials as the main batch were produced in 1989. I have a picture of the Scammell IMM 6 wheeler on trial, also with a KC serial.

Id like to see your pic..is it the Scammell S26?

It looks like the DROPS is undergoing trials..not the usual trailer that it would tow either!

I remember there used to be a huge black and white photo of a Scammell DROPS hanging in the stairwell in Buller Bks Naafi..that was 20 odd years ago!

Heres a random pic of some 7 Sqn DROPS..my old unit:)

7SQN.jpg

Hi extrogg

Was it one of these.:-D

http://www.protruckservices.com/Scammell%20Drops/scan00019.jpg

http://www.protruckservices.com/Scammell%20Drops/scan00001.jpg

http://www.protruckservices.com/Scammell%20Drops/scan00018.jpg

Foden being recovered. all be it on a Demo out side the old Wembley

stadium.

http://www.protruckservices.com/Scammell%20Crusader/scan00009.jpg

Clive

Protruckservices.com

Edited by protruck
Add Photo

I called them weeks ago £3070 + vat.... em no thanks , there were two for 600 a piece so i think there worth £600 to £1000.

Ecotrax are offering what look like unused MOD racks at £900 + vat - look like they have skeletal floors, may be the right size ones for you?

Just found advert - 20' x 8' Boughton HD Hooklift beds c/w rollers and iso locks on corners. Looks like floor can be added easily.

Ecotrax are at Romsey, 01794 324420

Edited by N.O.S.
size added