Army Cars Auction Veiwing Saturday 16th

HWade

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The total price is as follows:

Bid + 16% actioneer's premium = subtotal.

Subtotal + 21% VAT of the bid + 21% VAT of the auctioneer's premium = Total price.

So for a bid/hammer price of €1000, it would be 1000 + 160 + 210 + 33,6 = €1403,6. That makes it just over 40% to add.

I went to the viewing too and I have no explanation for quite a lot of the bids. For some vehicles the bids by themselves would already be near or over the top value, let alone if you add another 40%...

Bidding frenzy....

FYI, one has to pay 21% VAT over the total price of any item bought.

In this case: winning bid x 1.16 (16% markup) x 1.21 (21% VAT)

Import a HMV from abroad? Pay 21% VAT over purchase price PLUS shipping costs...

Buy a new car? Pay list price PLUS special car tax and then you pay 21% VAT over that....so you pay taxes over taxes, totaling up to 45% taxes on a new car :shocked:

FYI, one has to pay 21% VAT over the total price of any item bought.

In this case: winning bid x 1.16 (16% markup) x 1.21 (21% VAT)

No, it's 21% over the hammer price PLUS 21% over the markup, not 21% over hammer price and markup together.

2016_%u00252525201_16_%u00252525208_36.jpg

This screenshot of a (cancelled) bid was posted on another webforum, it shows the components of the final price.

Edited by earlymb

Well glad you all enjoyed some of the pics, Regards the values well thats all driven by us, if you want something bad enough from the auction then your willing to pay the price. Ive put my bids in if I win then great, if not there is always something else going to come along one day.

No, it's 21% over the hammer price PLUS 21% over the markup, not 21% over hammer price and markup together.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]112024[/ATTACH]

This screenshot of a (cancelled) bid was posted on another webforum, it shows the components of the final price.

Indeed, so it is 21% over (hammer price + markup). The bid + markup totals EUR 7424, 21% of which is EUR 1559.04. This is made up from 21% over the bid (EUR 1344) plus 21% over the markup (EUR 215.04) - added up this is the same as 21% over the bid + markup (EUR 1559.04). It is listed separately so both the seller and the auctioneer know which amount of VAT to pay to the tax services.

So the general tax rule of having to pay 21% VAT over the total price of any item bought is also applied here. Like you said earlier, in total 40,36%.

Edited by mcspool

Thanks for posting the pictures of the Heavy Aviation. It looks to be all there apart from the bumper and horrible wooden body.

Does an 'On The Road' (or at least 'Out The Gate') price tag of £9160 seem about the right ballpark? It must surely be a rare one.

The WW2 Packard staff car went for exactly 40% more than its asking price when sold a couple of years back at W&P.

Edited by N.O.S.

Dodge Command was sold for 43k

Harley, 20k

Jeep, 31k

Dodge Carryall, 41k

100% CRAZY prices.............

....and a friends immaculate Loyd Carrier has been on active sale for two years at £30k and still not sold! Its a strange world.

Does an 'On The Road' (or at least 'Out The Gate') price tag of £9160 seem about the right ballpark? It must surely be a rare one.

P.

Seems to be a bit of a bargain. Mind you I have never seen another one come up for sale. British WW1 stuff does seem to command a premium over the American stuff even an incredibly rare Heavy Aviation that is running. I wonder who bought it and what they plan to do with it.

Well my bidding over, and what i thought were very good bids, i achieved in winning nothing. Not to worry, I think any dodge owners will be very happy at what the prices made the dodge carryall made with all taxes and fees made over £44,000 just unbelievable.

All winning bids on https://www.troostwijkauctions.com/uk/collectie-jaap-de-groot/02-20818/

Prices are in € though and not in £... Current rate is €1,00 = £0,77 at the moment.

There was a bid of €344.300 on the combination of Sherman & the parts lot, which might get preference over the bids for the seperate lots?

With a few exceptions these prices are just beyond any reasonable explanation. And that's before the 40% premium...

finally got a wc54! i bought 2 wc54s years ago from army cars good prices and great people to deal with but the wife at the time did not like green vehices she was worried what the neighbors would think i am sure there was one in the de groot collection but i am pleased there was not one in the auction what price would it have made:wow: