Army Cars Auction Veiwing Saturday 16th

HWade

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I would say is to go with your eyes wide open. There's going to be a lot of auction fever going on and from memory a lot of the vehicles, while externally very pretty, are not that great underneath/inside. Also the restoration work was of variable quality - for example there are considerable differences in terms of originality between the WLFs they are advertising and I'm sure the same will go for all of the other vehicles.

- MG

Talking about not much bidding , the thing were there is a bid on like the CCKW and Dodge`s , the price now is right , but if you add the extra cost for the auctioneers , etc they are already way over priced. Read the terms and conditions first

It's an internet only auction so less likely to be the usual auction fever, though there will still be a degree of button pushing at the last minute, they use the five minute rule too so that helps milk it out!

As Maurice says though, with 16% premium and then 21% VAT, you have to add 40% to the hammer price, that makes a huge difference.

As Maurice says though, with 16% premium and then 21% VAT, 40% to the hammer price, that makes a huge difference.

:wow:

Those vehicles would have to go very cheap to make these vehicles attractive. Any guesses on what the Sherman could make?

Quite a few of the vehicles in this auction already have bids that are nearing the top of their marketvalue as it is, without the additional 40% that would push them way above that. And this happens to common types... Not sure what is going on?

This CMP C60L is a nice truck, though not perfect. Current price incl. 40% costs and VAT is way higher than the advertised price of €7250 at which it failed to attract a buyer for years.

A case of bidding fever?

image.jpg

SAM_4477.jpg

Edited by mcspool

Please excuse my ignorance of such auctions, but is it not true that the VAT is only charged on the auctioneers premium and not the hammer price? So the total extra to pay over and above the hammer price works out at much less than 40%?

Only if the seller is not VAT registered, in this case the seller (Army Cars) will almost certainly be VAT registered.

We popped over for a day out.

A few brits there (sorry Howard I would have loved to met you) but not many.

People were looking at the vehicles BUT my impression was mainly Dutch/Belguim dealers looking at the parts and spares.

Auction fever ?..........I'm not sure..... but I am sure that lots of these parts will appear at War&Peace at an "inflated price.

People knew just what they where looking at/for and working out their margin........

I'm not moaning, just what i saw .Of course the Sherman wont be a bargain....but how many are these days. Although at the price being banded around it would have been nice to have some internal pictures of it on display.

Please excuse my ignorance of such auctions, but is it not true that the VAT is only charged on the auctioneers premium and not the hammer price? So the total extra to pay over and above the hammer price works out at much less than 40%?

axis vehicles have wartime stuff from the film fury plus vat who wants to pay 20% extra on a 1940s dodge:undecided:

The total price is as follows:

Bid + 16% actioneer's premium = subtotal.

Subtotal + 21% VAT of the bid + 21% VAT of the auctioneer's premium = Total price.

So for a bid/hammer price of €1000, it would be 1000 + 160 + 210 + 33,6 = €1403,6. That makes it just over 40% to add.

I went to the viewing too and I have no explanation for quite a lot of the bids. For some vehicles the bids by themselves would already be near or over the top value, let alone if you add another 40%...