HMVF's future..

Jack

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think all have been said about the forum.

Positives;

-New friends

-Lots of info

-Good passtime

-fun

-Meet and greets (Beltring and Overloon invasion)

-etc etc.

Negatives;

-None I can think off.

I'll try to find out how to subscribe/donate later.

I'm moving house so a lot of stress and fatigue.

I would be devestated if HMVF folded, mind you it would give me more time to spend with the wife and kids. Hmmm, on further thoughts we must not let HMVF fail. Although i already have a subscription, i can always take out a second one for my Aunt?

I would be happy to pay a Monthly subscription. If you could find say just 50 volunteers to pay £3 a Month by standing order then that would make a dent into the running costs. There may be some tax issues that i have not thought of, but do give it some thought. HMVF has become such an important part of many of our lives you can not let it end here.

Tim

I would be devestated if HMVF folded, mind you it would give me more time to spend with the wife and kids. Hmmm, on further thoughts we must not let HMVF fail. Although i already have a subscription, i can always take out a second one for my Aunt?

I would be happy to pay a Monthly subscription. If you could find say just 50 volunteers to pay £3 a Month by standing order then that would make a dent into the running costs. There may be some tax issues that i have not thought of, but do give it some thought. HMVF has become such an important part of many of our lives you can not let it end here.

Tim

My thoughts exactly. I would be more than happy to volunteer to help pay with the running costs.

Hi all,

as previously mentioned i already pay a subscription to a another forum and would have no qualms paying to use/participate on HMVF. As of yet i have not taken out a subscription to TPM (i have enough problems trying to stop the wife binning windscreen the day after it arrives :mad:)

As already mentioned here new friends, new shows, advice, and also some bloody good laughs better get another book case

Ashley

Well OK, what can I say - I am totally relived with response and more importantly INSPIRED!

Thank you all so much - I will have a chat with Joris and see how we figure this out so that we have a section up on the forum for this to make HMVF sustainable.

In the meantime if you would like to subscribe then please click here http://www.thepathfindermagazine.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=156

Thank you all so much.

Kind regards,

Jack.

Well OK, what can I say - I am totally relived with response and more importantly INSPIRED!

Thank you all so much - I will have a chat with Joris and see how we figure this out.

OK - scratch that - JHoris has just text me to say that he is in hospital with a appendicitis - bloody do anything to get out of work!!!!!!!

Just a few simple words from the colonies.

Jack, relax, all you had to do is ask and those who value and realise what this place is about will gladly pay a subscription.

Frankly, you will loose money on overseas members such as myself as your costs will outweigh the revenues.

I would gladly as an overseas member forego the magazine so my money goes to the forum.

happy to subscribe

Robin Craig

Kingston

Ontario

Canada

Union Jack Collection

I have not been on the forum long and I may only have a Land Rover, some of you have far more exotic bits of kit.

But my interests extend beyond Land Rovers (and not just MV's either) and am always impressed by vehicles I see on display. Hopefully mine will get there one day.

Have found the forum friendly, informative and helpful and a good way of spending time.

If Jack believes that the way forward for the forum is with help from subscribing to The Pathfinder Magazine who am I to argue, he started this after all.

We need to keep this web site alive for us and future MV owners/enthusiasts therefore I have subscribed to The Pathfinder.

Mike

PS: I will now have bedtime reading along with the forum.

I have not been on the forum long and I may only have a Land Rover, some of you have far more exotic bits of kit.QUOTE]

Mike,

I "only" have a MUTT and I can't tell my camouflaged arse from my olive drab elbow. We all count on this forum..a sum of many parts.

MB :D

I'd often wondered how much something like this forum cost and, how it was funded. I had no idea that it all came out of Jacks pocket.

I don't make a huge amount of posts, but have spent many a happy hour engrossed in the forum. If it were to end there would be a large hole to be filled. Therefore I will be taking a subscription out to TPM this afternoon. I would also be happy to make a donation or, take out a subscription to the forum itself as well.

Also, get well soon Joris, the forum needs you.

All the best Jack,

Davie.

I'd often wondered how much something like this forum cost and, how it was funded. I had no idea that it all came out of Jacks pocket.

I don't make a huge amount of posts, but have spent many a happy hour engrossed in the forum. If it were to end there would be a large hole to be filled. Therefore I will be taking a subscription out to TPM this afternoon. I would also be happy to make a donation or, take out a subscription to the forum itself as well.

Also, get well soon Joris, the forum needs you.

All the best Jack,

Davie.

Many thanks Davie and to the others who's subs came in yesterday - it makes a real difference and all copies have gone into today's post!!

Kind regards,

Jack.

I have not been on the forum long and I may only have a Land Rover, some of you have far more exotic bits of kit.QUOTE]

Mike,

I "only" have a MUTT and I can't tell my camouflaged arse from my olive drab elbow. We all count on this forum..a sum of many parts.

MB :D

I rest my case everybody at work knows what a Land Rover and a Jeep are (although one seems to think they are the same thing.

As far as they are concerned a MUTT is something you attach a lead to and take for walkies. Hence it must be exotic.

Mike

:rofl:You are in the right place Mike. Good man. Live long and prosper. MB

I rest my case everybody at work knows what a Land Rover and a Jeep are (although one seems to think they are the same thing.

As far as they are concerned a MUTT is something you attach a lead to and take for walkies. Hence it must be exotic.

Mike

I'm happy to subscribe.

Perhaps new members could get free access for 1 month to show them how good the site is and then they must subscribe?

We don't want to force anyones hand, subscribing is totally voluntary, there are no plans to limit access to the forum..